• April 19, 2024, 03:33:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Weird Router Issue  (Read 3745 times)

Knucklesam

• Level 1 Member
Weird Router Issue
« on: May 22, 2009, 06:16:35 PM »

I got this DIR-628 about two months ago and I've been experiencing a strange problem ever since. I can't connect to certain programs after my computer has been on for longer than twenty minutes or so. My computer will be on for thirty minutes or so and I'll attempt to connect to Teamspeak and I can't. So I'll restart my computer and it will connect immediately. It wouldn't be such a problem if this was the only program. The same thing happens with Battlefield 2 and now Killing Floor on Steam. I've tried with and without a static IP, and I also have all the ports for the programs open.

I'm not using wireless since the router is sitting right on my desk. It has to be the router causing the problem because it only started after I got it. I've tried updating my ethernet drivers, I have two ethernet ports on my motherboard and one on a PCI card. I've tried using all of those with the same results. The router firmware is up to date as well. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: Weird Router Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »

Which firmware version?

What is your anti-virus / firewall software??

The router does not normally block software, unless the access is coming "in" from the Internet.

Knucklesam

• Level 1 Member
Re: Weird Router Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 10:17:19 PM »

Firmware version: 1.13, no anti-virus or firewall.