• April 15, 2024, 10:27:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DCS 5020L Loses IP  (Read 9036 times)

JOHIRSH

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS 5020L Loses IP
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 04:29:10 PM »

The camera was cycled  and came back on for  about 10 days and went off again .. was cycled and same thing therefore same probem

I am doing this remotely    What I need is to be there'  and see what the camera is doing    The other camera on the network, static ip)  is having no issue

JOHIRSH

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 12:09:09 PM »

It is now to the point where its disappears after about three days.. It is totally unusable.    Next time I am at site I am going to replace the camera with another product and play with it in  a non-production environment

wmower

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 05:33:01 PM »

Fyi, I have had almost same issues as you. Worked fine for several months, and then started losing IP intermittently, and then I upgraded to new firmware; what an odyssey. Very unreliable wireless IP. Cannot rely on this camera anymore. Have other outdoor versions, no wireless problems. They want me to upgrade firmware on those as well. Not looking forward to that. They make you take them down from where installed (outside high up) and attach directly to router. Can you believe anyone could have designed a wireless camera for such a procedure? What were they smoking?  :(

JOHIRSH

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 10:10:52 PM »

i update the firmware  that didnnt help.. I have three systems i take care off of the 15 or so cameras  this is the only one I have heady problem like this with

Thanks for sharing make me feel better
Pages: 1 [2]