• April 26, 2024, 03:10:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: router blocked from certain domains - how to fix?  (Read 2565 times)

acellier

• Level 4 Member
router blocked from certain domains - how to fix?
« on: July 16, 2012, 12:34:30 PM »

I don't know how this happened ...
   Today the WNDR3700 router is blocking me from accessing my own domains (e.g., xyz.org, xyz.us), including one that my D-Link IP camera uploads (ftp) images to.
   FTP transfers stopped at about 1 AM today long after bedtime, so seems not a direct result of anything I have done.
   I can't find anything in the router manager panels to fix this. People outside of my LAN are able to access these sites OK, and if I connect the cable modem direct to the computer, I can access them too. So it seems clear that the router is the culprit.
   Extremely frustrating.
   Suggestions needed !!!

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Re: router blocked from certain domains - how to fix?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:48:17 PM »

1and1 first told me that they could access the site, so must be my ISP
Cox Cable said they could access it, must be my computer or router. Bypassing the router did access it, but I won't run that way.
I researched such blockage, totally reset the router to an older config, changed DNS's, etc. etc.
After 4 hours of fruitless troubleshooting, I concluded that in fact the server was denying me access.
Back to 1and1, and THEN they confirmed that an (automatic, camera) ftp login error had caused my IP address to be blocked!
Grrrr