D-Link DSL Modem/Routers > DSL-520B

DSL Uplink issues

(1/3) > >>

lordofpc734:
Hi so a week ago i started getting this issue. the DSL Uplink drops frequently. i disconnected the modem from the splitter and connected the modem directly to the wall. as far as i can tell, there are no issues. so today i bought a new splitter (DSL-30CF) and installed it. (phone port to landline , DSL port to DSL-520B)
the frequency of this issue has been reduced but the problem still exists. i have verified the VCI/VPI settings, (modem is in bridge mode) and MTU settings.
the cable from the dsl splitter to modem is a year old
what can i do? is this issue common with the DSL-520B?

lordofpc734:
i must add that the router is a DIR-819. but i don't think that the DSL issue is related to this router

FurryNutz:
Do not use a splitter. Keep DSL modem connected to a dedicated phone line. Make sure the phone line signal is good up to the modem.

lordofpc734:
But i have a landline phone that i use daily. you mean i should use other phone sockets? well, they're all dead except one. (the one in use right now)

FurryNutz:
Isn't there a extra RJ11 phone jack on the back of the DSL modem for 1 phone connection?

I recommend you have someone come in and get your phone lines and jacks in the home functional.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version