• March 29, 2024, 04:55:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Green LED Light flashing  (Read 17243 times)

cage123au

• Level 1 Member
Green LED Light flashing
« on: July 26, 2013, 05:01:43 PM »

Hi all, new to forum, did a search on this specifically could not locate. Anyway, I was wondering the green LED light on the front needs to be solid when setting up, however, is it always meant to stay solid or does it revert to flashing once configured. I am not sure if it means the camera is losing the connection.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

AzlanKassim

• Level 1 Member
Re: Green LED Light flashing
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:46:37 PM »

As far as I am aware, the green LED light should be fully lighted up when connected to the internet. At least that's what I noticed on my 5222L.

WolfKodi

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 12:27:28 AM »

When the green light starts flashing, it means that the camera is actively streaming out its video feed. For example whenever you visit the live video tab on the camera's web server.

ItalianSpy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 01:02:28 AM »

Thought I had the same problem because I could not find the camera with the setup application, but it turned out (after many hours) that only was an issue of the firewall on my Mac blocking it. This is mentioned only in one obscure post I took long finding. So:
1) green le blinking does not seem an issue, things work (I switched it off for good, though)
2) *disable the firewall* when setting up the camera (if you don't find it otherwise)