• April 18, 2024, 02:32:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-1360 Wireless Security Problems  (Read 3107 times)

Guyon

• Level 1 Member
DAP-1360 Wireless Security Problems
« on: April 24, 2011, 09:32:53 AM »

Hi all,

I should have tossed this pile of crap in the bin ages ago, but being a bit of a nerd I had to keep trying to get it to work. After many problems, annoying my clients I swapped it out and started to use it at home to see if I could bipass all it's bad behavior.

Now here is the thing, I have a Mac Server, and I connect to it from my laptop (Mac)

I simply switched the wireless off on my router and setup the DAP-1360 to do the same job. I set it to N only and switched off wireless security. Apart from being a little slow (wired network is Gigabit) it worked fine.

Then I added security and whilst I could still browse the internet any attempt to connect to my server failed. Security off again... no problem... tried all forms of security setup, same problem.

I strongly suspect that the security or encryption algorithms are buggy in this paper weight. My Mac Server is probably being picky about something in the packets not being right.

This... most likely throws some light on the problems others have been having with this piece of junk....

Any ideas, suggestions, should I contact Dlink, or is that a waste of time?