• April 23, 2024, 12:08:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP 1522 and Netgear WPN802 Access point  (Read 3324 times)

ny167

• Level 1 Member
DAP 1522 and Netgear WPN802 Access point
« on: January 01, 2011, 02:24:27 PM »

I have the DAP-1522 in my lounge in bridge mode connected to a Netgear WPN802 access point. Prior to purchasing the DAP I enabled MAC address filtering on the Netgear access point. Now, in order to connect to the Internet from my TV and Sky HD Box, which are connected to the Ethernet ports on the bridge I have to disable MAC access control.

All devices (including the bridge) have had their MAC addresses entered into the allowed list on the access point but still I am not able to get Internet access or even access to the DAP web interface.

I am using WPA/PSK with TKIP

Am I doing something wrong or is it by design? I would prefer to keep MAC filtering enabled.

Thanks

hiwi

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP 1522 and Netgear WPN802 Access point
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »

I have the same issue. The bridge works fine when I have MAC filtering disabled on my wireless router, but it does not connect to the router when MAC filtering is on (with the bridge's MAC address in the allow list).  How can that be?

migabri

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP 1522 and Netgear WPN802 Access point
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 07:28:04 AM »

It may be that for some reason or logic the mac filtering is applied also to the data that the DAP receive from the main AP, have you tried to put in the allow list also the mac address of the AP?