• April 19, 2024, 01:00:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Colors deteriorated pink/purple hue IR filter seems to be broken.  (Read 10276 times)

gajego

• Level 2 Member

Hi there,

I've noticed for about 1 week now, that the day image has altered colors. After recycling the power on the camera, it does the same. Colors are being very bad, due to the IR filter being stuck; camera no longer does the tippical sound click when switching from day to night. Any Idea?

I am so dissipointed... This camera is less than 3 months old...

Anyone with the same issue?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:17:37 AM by gajego »

Allen

• Level 2 Member
Re: Colors deteriorated pink/purple hue IR filter seems to be broken.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 10:36:51 PM »

what firmware version are you using?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 07:40:12 AM »

I believe this issue was addressed in one of the later firmware updates.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Sparkydude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 06:37:38 AM »

Since you're not likely to look at the 5010L forum I'll post my experience here.
* by the way you can hear it click as it switches now.

For the last few months one of my cameras had that washed out pinkish hue lack of color.
Switching from night mode to day wouldn't fix it.  Tried that over and over . I learned to live with it. It was no longer under warranty.
 After reading a recent post about ..."gently taping the camera" I decided to give it a try.
A few gentle taps (with a pencil) top side and bottom did nothing. I decided  to tap it with the handle of a kitchen type butter knife.
 A few gentle taps again all around nothing much, then a little more taps on the base  and color was back and functioning normally.

Try at your own risk, just saying, I was no longer under warranty, so what the heck, I took my chances.

gajego

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »

I believe this issue was addressed in one of the later firmware updates.

I am using:

Current Firmware Version : 1.03
Current Firmware Date : 2014-01-22
Current Agent Version : 2.0.17-b40

Is not this the latest firmware?

I reloaded dcs5020l_v103_b8.bin and it does NOT fix the issue.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:24:07 PM by gajego »

gajego

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 03:20:56 PM »

Since you're not likely to look at the 5010L forum I'll post my experience here.
* by the way you can hear it click as it switches now.

For the last few months one of my cameras had that washed out pinkish hue lack of color.
Switching from night mode to day wouldn't fix it.  Tried that over and over . I learned to live with it. It was no longer under warranty.
 After reading a recent post about ..."gently taping the camera" I decided to give it a try.
A few gentle taps (with a pencil) top side and bottom did nothing. I decided  to tap it with the handle of a kitchen type butter knife.
 A few gentle taps again all around nothing much, then a little more taps on the base  and color was back and functioning normally.

Try at your own risk, just saying, I was no longer under warranty, so what the heck, I took my chances.

Thank You for your suggestion. I did tried the tapping as you suggested and no, it did not worked.

I guess the camera is iremediably defective...?  Any thoughts ??
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:09:25 PM by gajego »

gajego

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 04:18:24 PM »

Loaded the firmware 3 times. Still no luck  :(

Sparkydude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 06:08:51 PM »

I think it's a hardware problem.  Firmware isn't gonna fix it.
Return for a warranty replacement, otherwise, tap it a little more.  Tap (maybe a little firmer this time)....tap all over bottom side back, top.  Hold the blade,  hit with the handle.
I wasn't successful the first few taps. Tried switching from night to day, didn't work. Tapped 2 or 3 more times tapping all over, tried switching from day to night again, and suddenly (3rd try) from across the room I could hear it click when  switching !

gajego

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 01:50:02 PM »

I agree. This is a HW problem.  I tapped the camera, however it did not help. I belive that the IR filter gets engaged/disengaged by an electromagnet. If the coil is shorted, or any other reason that the magnet no longer works, tapping it  it will not make any difference...

I've called support and I got acase #. They said a Level II technician will call me in 24-48h ...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »

I agree. This is a HW problem.  I tapped the camera, however it did not help. I belive that the IR filter gets engaged/disengaged by an electromagnet. If the coil is shorted, or any other reason that the magnet no longer works, tapping it  it will not make any difference...

I've called support and I got acase #. They said a Level II technician will call me in 24-48h ...

Do you have an update for this issue?  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC