• April 26, 2024, 09:18:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Restart TVersity or other media server when DSM 510 turns on  (Read 3972 times)

rishabrana

Restart TVersity or other media server when DSM 510 turns on
« on: March 25, 2008, 09:41:11 PM »

Everytime i turn on my DSM 510, it shows up with 0 servers. I have to restart TVersity's service and then it detects the server. This is same with Windows Media Player too. I have to stop sharing or restart sharing.
If i try to connect to the media server using DSM 510, it just sit there saying starting server...

What i have also seen is that at times, i'll leave the DSM on for 10-15 minutes and then suddenly it will show me media server.

I'm using TVersity as media server on a Vista Machine. Anyone else having similar issue or know a fix?

eman

• Level 2 Member
Re: Restart TVersity or other media server when DSM 510 turns on
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 01:31:54 PM »

rishabrana... I too have some timing issues with DSM510 not sensing TVersity (or other servers). Do you have your Ease of Use set to connect to the last server? This helps. The DSM-510 will start TVersity if not "running" and is not too bothersome.  I am running XP, so I cannot help you with what maybe a polling issue within Vista?

Chris

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Restart TVersity or other media server when DSM 510 turns on
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 03:40:33 PM »

Please check any anti-virus software and make sure it is properly configured for you media server software for network access devices.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream