• April 16, 2024, 10:51:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Horrible lag on wired when wireless is connected [HELP]  (Read 3524 times)

GenericGuy

• Level 2 Member
Horrible lag on wired when wireless is connected [HELP]
« on: October 06, 2010, 12:22:25 AM »

Hello, my wt54g recently died and for a few days now Ive been using this horrible wbr-2310 router which was my roommates. There is 1 hardline connection which is mine and 1 wireless connection which is my roommates. My internet before using the wbr-2310 was perfect 19-21 ms to Google same with the wireless so my ISP is not a problem. The whole time Ive had it I have been experiencing unbearable lag spikes when my roommates wireless is connected. I assure you he is not downloading or using any p2p clients of any sort. I disabled the wireless and my ping to Google was constant 20 ms/21ms for a solid 5 minutes. When I enabled wireless it was 20ms for about 20 seconds then it started spiking anywhere in the 100-600 range (so im supposing when his wireless connects it starts lagging). My Hardware Version is A1 and Firmware Version is 1.05. I took several screen shots of my router page settings, my ping to google and my speed test. The WAN port speed was auto 10/100mps and i tried 10 and still the same problem.

Speed test:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 12:39:35 AM by GenericGuy »

crenta

• Level 1 Member
Re: Horrible lag on wired when wireless is connected [HELP]
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 05:04:52 PM »

Change WAN port speed from 10Mb to 100, enable extended range mode and enable UPnP.  These last two can't hurt.