The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-960L

Blinking Red on DCS-960L

(1/3) > >>

archproject:
Hi there, anybody can you please help me with this. I bought 2 DCS-960L and i was setting up the first camera i followed instructions and i got it to work then when I connect to mydlink account from my phone it asked me to upgrade firmware and I click upgrade. then after sometime it gave me an error "timed out" and I can see the camera was offline from the mobile app plus the led status was blinking Red. so i tried the below
1) removed the device from mydlink account (successful)
2) reset the device by pressing the reset button (pinhole) for 6 sec - 10 sec (unsuccessful)
3) reset the device by unplugging the power and then while holding the reset pinhole i plug in the power supply and kept pressing the reset pinhole for about 10 seconds (unsuccessful) - the led of the device turned off after I did this and I waited for a more than 5 mins and still the led wont turn on.

Is there anyway to flash the firmware of this device manually by connecting it to my pc ? is there any way at all.

Regards
Archproject

FurryNutz:
I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

I recommend setting up the cameras first. Avoid doing any FW updates. When and if you have all cameras set up. Manually download any FW update files and use IE11 or FF to manually send the FW file to the camera with a wired LAN cable PC connected to the main host router with the cameras in short range distance of the router. Be sure wireless signal is good between the camera and main host router before sending FW updates.

rjj:
Hi,

I´m having the same issue. Please how do you fixed the problem?

Tks

FurryNutz:
I recommend setting up the cameras first. Avoid doing any FW updates. When and if you have all cameras set up. Manually download any FW update files and use IE11 or FF to manually send the FW file to the camera with a wired LAN cable PC connected to the main host router with the cameras in short range distance of the router. Be sure wireless signal is good between the camera and main host router before sending FW updates.

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

--- Quote from: rjj on August 17, 2018, 10:30:45 AM ---Hi,

I´m having the same issue. Please how do you fixed the problem?

Tks

--- End quote ---

rjj:
FurryNutz,

The upgrade was a Cloud offer so Dlink should fix that and stop offering upgrades if it bugs the camera.

Also there isn’t Brasil phone support so I am looking here for tips and procedures that can help to fix by myself on expedite way.

Please do you have any tips to solve this? Why reset button is not working?  My guess looks like software upgrade crash in there and bug previous software  so there isn’t a good image to get the system up and running.

Tks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version