• April 26, 2024, 01:50:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: compatibility problems  (Read 3372 times)

Zonk76

• Level 1 Member
compatibility problems
« on: February 22, 2009, 03:29:14 AM »

Unfortunately I have some strange compatibility issues between DIR855 and my NB (Atheros AR5006EX) and WLAN printer Canon iP4000R.

The DIR855 runs in parallel mode, 5GHz/n only and 2,4GHz/b,g. The 5GHz network works always perfect with my PC and one of my NBs. 

However my second NB (Atheros AR5006EX, g standard) does often not find the 2,4GHz/g network. The network is simply missing when scanning for networks, although it finds a lot of other g networs in the environment. After a restart of the router it finds the network and connects smoothly. So it's no issue of security or other settings. Most of the time, next day same problem again - as the WLAN is off at night. Since I have deactivated the NB WLAN and use a USB WLAN stick no more problems!

Same issue with my WLAN printer Canon iP4000R: It does not find and connect to the g network although configured correct. Also here, after a restart of the router the problem is suddenly solved, it works.

So it seems to be a problem wih the router 2,4GHz network, which appears (and goes) after switching the WLAN off and on. How is this possible? Any idea how to solve this? FW is 1.12EU

Zonk76

• Level 1 Member
Re: compatibility problems
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 01:42:02 PM »

nobody has an idea?