• March 28, 2024, 11:25:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No Web Based UI  (Read 6904 times)

kcustodio

• Level 1 Member
No Web Based UI
« on: July 03, 2018, 04:10:19 PM »

The FAQ indicated that this camera does not have a Web Based interface.  Does that mean it can't be used by third party Surveillance Camera Packages like Surveillance Station?  I can not seem to find the default password for the camera.  I've reset the camera several times and an empty PASSWORD field does not work like other D-link camera models.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: No Web Based UI
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 08:02:53 AM »

Correct unfortunately. The DCS-8xxxLH series cameras are app-only. There is no web UI and they disabled HTTP/RTSP viewing while using 3rd party/VNC/DViewCam/web browsers.  Since there is no UI, no need to have a username and password.

sierratango

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »

Just bought me one of these and very disappointed to find out that it does not have HTTP/RTSP support. It will have to go back to the store as a result. Hopefully, D-Link will reverse this move in the future.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 09:05:59 AM »

Hopefully, D-Link will reverse this move in the future.

Agreed!

aussiepete

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 04:41:59 AM »

bummer, I wish I saw this thread before I bought two cameras. How likely is that dlink is going to enable the remote access for third parties? (like home assistant)

RJSinMO

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 08:34:00 PM »

Looks like it's then not supported by Dlink's own DNR-202L?  I'm taking it back too, it clearly isn't going to work with my network of DLink cameras, and with no web interface I guess I can't send e-mails or anything like that either.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 09:40:18 AM »

Correct. Sorry it did not work out for you.