• April 20, 2024, 05:45:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera cannot be found  (Read 5016 times)

buzzmario

• Level 1 Member
Camera cannot be found
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:04:05 AM »

Hi, I just brought this D-Link DCS-930L. I insert the disc and follow the instruction and select the option of without WPS and follow the step of connecting the lan cable and power point but at Step 2, after the green light, it keep prompting me that it can't find the camera. it connected to the router where there is a lan cable connected to my pc.

any advise? thanks

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Re: Camera cannot be found
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »

I believe that the camera's default IP address is 192.168.0.20, so unless your router is serving that number range on the LAN it won't see it.
Example - in many Mac systems the router may be at 10.0.1.1, serving addresses like 10.0.1.n -
Assuming that is the case, can you try (temporarily) connecting the camera directly to the computer, and setting the computer to be manually 192.168.0.1, with "router" set to the camera ip, and mask 255.255.255.0. Then start a browser and put the camera ip into the address bar. Then you can set the camera ip to whatever the router needs - of course it will stop being visible with this hookup, so next, go back to normal router connections.