• April 16, 2024, 09:52:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Email/FTP event tests pass but no video or images are generated  (Read 2705 times)

nortok00

• Level 1 Member

Hello all,

I just got this camera on discount and I must say it has been one of the most frustrating experiences in getting it configured. Mainly because there is no log file generated for the event tests. I had to try a hundred different combinations in getting the events configured.

I was finally able to get email and ftp to pass and received a confirmation email (for email obviously) and a successful txt msg uploaded to my ftp directory. I can see the recording light go on for the motion detection trigger but I don't get any video or image emailed to me or ftp'd. I get absolutely nothing for email (not even an email with no attachments) and there is nothing that gets uploaded to the ftp directory. I'm trying them separately and setup ftp because email didn't seem to be working.

Is there anything more I have to configure? I'm on Windows. I assumed because I received the successful email and successful txt msg for ftp that everything would finally work.

I'm about ready to return this camera.

Thanks.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Email/FTP event tests pass but no video or images are generated
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »

Are you logged into the camera's firmware?

Have you enabled motion detection?  Are you using IE11?

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:46:53 AM »

So it sounds like you have the "Server" portion configured, but do you have the Media and Event portions configured as well?  What are they set to?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 09:42:42 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Setting up email on DCS series cameras FAQ

What ISP Mfr and model modem are you using?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?

Hello all,

I just got this camera on discount and I must say it has been one of the most frustrating experiences in getting it configured. Mainly because there is no log file generated for the event tests. I had to try a hundred different combinations in getting the events configured.

I was finally able to get email and ftp to pass and received a confirmation email (for email obviously) and a successful txt msg uploaded to my ftp directory. I can see the recording light go on for the motion detection trigger but I don't get any video or image emailed to me or ftp'd. I get absolutely nothing for email (not even an email with no attachments) and there is nothing that gets uploaded to the ftp directory. I'm trying them separately and setup ftp because email didn't seem to be working.

Is there anything more I have to configure? I'm on Windows. I assumed because I received the successful email and successful txt msg for ftp that everything would finally work.

I'm about ready to return this camera.

Thanks.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.