• December 12, 2017, 11:56:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera Loses its Host Name  (Read 271 times)

nettewurk

• Level 3 Member
Camera Loses its Host Name
« on: November 16, 2017, 05:21:13 PM »

It's been a long time now that I need to replug my DCS-6010L from the AC socket  to restore the host name I set.  The camera is connected via WiFi of DIR-880L and  IP address is obtained by DHCP.  Even I've set the camera with static IP assignment, its hostname is reverted back to DCS-6010L for some reasons.  Accessing it via myDLink Web resorted to input the device password but does not accept its valid password.  I need to connect to it via LAN thru its IP address and can successfully log-in to its admin page.  Even rebooting from there does not restore its valid host name set previously. MyDLink+ shows the same "DCS-6010L" but I cannot connect to it. 

My camera specs is rev A with firmware version of 1.15.  This problem persists in prior version of firmware.  Even I registered the said camera network setting in DIR-880L (MAC address binded to fixed IP address) but to no avail.  Although it is already 5 years old, this happened since I bought the unit.

Any troubleshooting or workaround for this?  My DCS-2136L, DCS-7000L and the rest of cameras don't exhibit this kind of problem.  Although my DCS-1130L is sometimes disconnected, this may be attributed to its distance at the far end of our house.  Unlike the the DCS-6010L is just less than 1 meter from DIR-880L.

Thanks in advance for your support!
DIR/DCS/DNS