• March 28, 2024, 10:50:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: active tv error messages  (Read 17415 times)

gdevas

• Level 1 Member
active tv error messages
« on: September 15, 2008, 11:14:26 AM »

When ever my dsm 520 tries to get authorization from my pc for active pc server, the following  message comes on: the device is trying to access my pc , but it was rejected because the UPnp  could not be determined. I would appreciate any help because i am a novice at computers and even level 3 tech support at dlink has not been able to help
 thanks

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: active tv error messages
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 11:50:48 AM »

Make sure your anti-virus software it is properly configured to allow the ActiveTV software to work properly with your DSM-520. Also be sure to use the latest version of ActiveTV for better functionality with anti-virus software.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

gdevas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 05:21:43 AM »

I think i have done that with the help of the computer associates tech's who supply my security software. Still I am getting the error message. I have also sent an email to active tv suuport, but have not heard from them.
thanks

chenrikson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:38:29 AM »

You should contact Media Mall directly.  The support is really fine.  If you can load ActiveTV on your PC then go to the page where you can ask for support (I forget just where -- "settings" or something ;like that)  This will create a log that will be sent to them to help identify the issue.

gdevas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 01:39:14 PM »

thanks for the suggestion.I have emailed the error logs , but have not heard from them.Can anyone help me in regards to the UpnP error message that i am getting when the dsm520 is trying to get authorization from my pc
 thanks

rhebs

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 09:56:40 AM »

I'm getting the same thing.  I've given up trying because it's a waste of time.  I've gone over all my settings a number of times.  It's buggy software and firmware.  Here's what I did:

Step 1.  Turn power on the DSM-520 off
Step 2.  Log into eBay
Step 3.  Create new listing for a used DSM-520 (latest firmware!  Includes latest MediaMall Server software too!)

gdevas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 05:09:38 PM »

The customer service of this product is pathetic. I hope the moderator of this product is reading this message and passing it along to the higher ups in the company

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 02:18:30 PM »

Yes it is monitored and we are working with Media Mall to improve this software. Unfortunately when we see this issue and ask if they are running any anti-virus software they are. Every single time I have seen. The issue seems to be when the DSM-520 creates the remote user account to access the ActiveTV software and PC with AV software seem to deny the user although you do not see this happen. Media Mall (ActiveTV) and D-Link ARE working to improve this functionality PCs running AV software. 

rhebs

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »

I can't believe you're making it sound like the Anti-Virus is at fault here.  How about testing the software?! 

ablevy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 05:47:25 PM »

It can't be that simple.  I'm running Norton and Active TV works fine.  I will bet that if you poll your users a lot of people can use AV with active TV because I have never seen this brought up on the AV Forum thread.  It is either how the AV program is configured or something else, probably permissions.

Alan

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 08:42:27 AM »

The software has been tested. A lot and I have never seen this happen on a PC that is not running or has never had AV software installed on at at some point that is the one thing I ask every time I see this issue and every single time it is present. Thats the softwares job only it causes complications with network devices. It should still work even with AV software installed that is what the updates to the ActiveTV software addressed however it still seems to be an issue in some cases and we are still working to improve the functionality to avoid these complications.

ablevy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 04:26:52 PM »

Yes, but telling someone to deactivate their AV program is terrible advise with the stuff floating around the internet.

Alan
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 05:42:11 PM by ablevy »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 09:04:35 AM »

Or configure it properly..You may need to contact support by the creators for instructions.

gdevas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 05:07:41 AM »

I still have no resolution to the initial problem that I have been writing about.ie upnp not recognised. I have not heard from active tv as well. What is the number to call to return this product as I am truly fed up with it.

kayaker_steve

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 04:18:30 PM »

I am having the same problem with the rejected Active-TV Login.  I am also using Computer Associates AV software.  Was there a specific fix (or settings) that applies to this AV software?

Thanks,
Pages: [1] 2