• March 28, 2024, 03:07:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion Trigger Pictures showing first 4 frames from previous time  (Read 4437 times)

DSC-911

• Level 1 Member

Hi,

Just got my DSC-3132L had the SD one before and it seemed not to have as many problems ( apart from the low quality).

I've setup a motion trigger alert to email the 3 frames before motion (and 6 after), my cam is triggering and setting off the email, but every email I get the first 4 frames are from the last time it received an alert so I miss most of the event.

For instance I got an email at 11:31 today the first 4 frames are 11:15:41 -11:15:44  and the last 6 where 11:31, pretty useless! has anyone seen and fixed this issue. Its like the cameras sleeping and I see this problem also when I connect live also as it seems to show 4 seconds of an earlier time also then kick into live  ???

Its possible Ill be sending this back to the retailer, as my old SD one seems to have better software

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Motion Trigger Pictures showing first 4 frames from previous time
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »

Hi,

Just got my DSC-3132L had the SD one before and it seemed not to have as many problems ( apart from the low quality).

I've setup a motion trigger alert to email the 3 frames before motion (and 6 after), my cam is triggering and setting off the email, but every email I get the first 4 frames are from the last time it received an alert so I miss most of the event.

For instance I got an email at 11:31 today the first 4 frames are 11:15:41 -11:15:44  and the last 6 where 11:31, pretty useless! has anyone seen and fixed this issue. Its like the cameras sleeping and I see this problem also when I connect live also as it seems to show 4 seconds of an earlier time also then kick into live  ???

Its possible Ill be sending this back to the retailer, as my old SD one seems to have better software

Where did you buy this camera from?

What F/W are you running? (STATUS->Device Info)

This is my factory F/W...

IP camera Name   DCS-2132L
Time & Date   Mon Mar 25 23:42:57 2013
Firmware Version   1.00.06

DSC-911

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion Trigger Pictures showing first 4 frames from previous time
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 05:06:19 AM »

Ebuyer in the uk is where i got it the problem remains still getting 4 frames from previous times

Firmware Version   1.00.06

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member

My DCS-2310L sometimes does the same thing after I change the event settings, until I reboot.  I found the best way to prevent this from happening is after you change event settings, reboot the camera (either via Reboot in the menus, or unplug and reconnect power).  You shouldn't have to do this, it may be a firmware bug, but this is what I'm doing to make sure I get current pictures instead of pictures of the previous event.