• April 25, 2024, 06:17:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Time and date Resets  (Read 5589 times)

Xcarab

• Level 1 Member
Time and date Resets
« on: June 05, 2012, 07:35:03 AM »

Hello and thank you in advance for any help you moght ber able to give me.

I'm a dlink reseller and especialize in DCS cameras for small offices and so on.

I am having a lot of difficulties lately since my cliet cameras are set to record to a DNS-323 and my cameras keep resetting their time and date to 2010.. and all the recordings get scrambled up.

I have tried using the ntp feature, the set time manually feature and have my dns servers under network settings filled.. none of this works since every week i get a call from my customers complaining about their cameras not recording propperly and when i check it's cause the time has reset again.

Only I have admin password and i am willing to share the ip of the cams privately in order to get help
My firmware is 1.05 in a dcs-2102 and dcs-2121.

Xcarab

• Level 1 Member
Re: Time and date Resets
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:58:01 AM »

Well after a couple of weeks Dlink has sent me a new firmware for this 2 cameras going to test it out and will let you guys know how it goes.

Have to warn that I isntalled a 942l this week, set everything up and when I disconnected it to mount it on the wall and check time had been reset too.

Whats wrong with the time and date settings in the dcs cameras?

overbr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 07:42:12 PM »

this bug of time and date reset not only affects dcs series but many others products from dlink.i have two devices here where date and time go away after reboot device.

TG2001

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 05:50:57 AM »

Please  Read this "DCS-942L NTP not functioning properly" can be solved.
 http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52358.msg197352#msg197352 hope Dlink technical support can find a rigid solution.
DIR-655 (wifi Router)
DCS-2121
DCS-942L
DCS-5030L
DNS-320
DAP-1360 (repeater mode)
DWA-140