• April 18, 2024, 01:29:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Three DCS-936L's and a DNR-202L - misc questions  (Read 3647 times)

Naut2

• Level 1 Member
Three DCS-936L's and a DNR-202L - misc questions
« on: May 12, 2018, 10:24:30 PM »

I’ve been doing pretty good so far setting up a system. Still trying to figure out a few things…

For the DCS-936L’s:
1) Is there a way to lower the light threshold for when the camera changes from day to night mode? I see a sensitivity setting but don’t think that does what I want.
2) HTTPS: A little outside my knowledge base, but when accessed by https I get a cert warning, same if I use the “generate self-signed cert”.  I think I either need to have a fully qualified domain name setup which the certs reference, or ignore that there’s a cert error, when using HTTPS Only? Follow-up Q, does the DNR-202L connect if the cert fails?
3) In the Android mydlink Lite app I thought there was a “Notifications” toggle that would alert me to motion or audio triggers through the app (not email) but cannot seem to find that toggle now.  Am I mistaken?

For the DNR-202L:
I am in the desktop login to the device and see myself waving to one of the cameras in the 4 camera view but in the Android app that camera is stuck on a still frame. Ohhhh, it’s working when that camera is viewed full screen on the Android but not in the 4 camera view. Not sure what to make of that.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Three DCS-936L's and a DNR-202L - misc questions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 09:05:11 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

I’ve been doing pretty good so far setting up a system. Still trying to figure out a few things…

For the DCS-936L’s:
1) Is there a way to lower the light threshold for when the camera changes from day to night mode? I see a sensitivity setting but don’t think that does what I want.
Under Setup/Image Setup there is some settings there you can adjust.

2) HTTPS: A little outside my knowledge base, but when accessed by https I get a cert warning, same if I use the “generate self-signed cert”.  I think I either need to have a fully qualified domain name setup which the certs reference, or ignore that there’s a cert error, when using HTTPS Only? Follow-up Q, does the DNR-202L connect if the cert fails?
You can access the camera by HTTP as well and avoid the cert notification. It's ok to avoid it. You can connect the DNR-202L either way.

3) In the Android mydlink Lite app I thought there was a “Notifications” toggle that would alert me to motion or audio triggers through the app (not email) but cannot seem to find that toggle now.  Am I mistaken?
I believe D-Link removed Notifications for mobile phones now.

For the DNR-202L:
I am in the desktop login to the device and see myself waving to one of the cameras in the 4 camera view but in the Android app that camera is stuck on a still frame. Ohhhh, it’s working when that camera is viewed full screen on the Android but not in the 4 camera view. Not sure what to make of that.
I don't have an Android to check this.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Naut2

• Level 1 Member
Re: Three DCS-936L's and a DNR-202L - misc questions
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 11:55:55 AM »

Hi, Thanks!

I'm in the US/Midwest. The firmware is 1.05.07. Last week I upgraded the FW on one 936L without realizing it was brand new and spent the evening trying to get it to connect. Next day I saw the post that said to downgrade so I did that.

>Under Setup/Image Setup there is some settings there you can adjust.
Yes, those do what they say (brightness, contrast, etc) but do not seem to affect the threshold for switching to B/W ("night") mode. There's a checkbox to force B/W but not color mode. Edit: The threshold seems pretty high, here at 2-3pm on a hazy but bright day our kitchen cam is in B/W mode.

>I believe D-Link removed Notifications for mobile phones now.
Augh, was there a good reason? I really want that.

As far as the DNR-202L, a reboot of the Android app seems to help that issue.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:30:17 PM by Naut2 »