• March 29, 2024, 01:59:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Remote Backups failing  (Read 4695 times)

hoppo1

• Level 2 Member
Remote Backups failing
« on: October 18, 2011, 03:20:36 AM »

I'm using Remote Backups to copy data to another NAS. Prior to 2.02 this was working fine. I've just noticed that the remote backups no longer copy anything over I put in the specific folders that are backed up.

My backup jobs are setup as NAS to Linux. The rsync daemon is running on the other linux box.

In testing backing up a single folder containing files works fine both manual and scheduled.

Backing up a folder containing folders does not work either scheduled or manual.

I have deleted and recreated my old jobs which don't run unless a single folder containing only files and no folders.

Prior to 2.02 this was fine. I'm guessing I'm probably one of not many that use this method to backup from the Dlink so chances are no one else can confirm the same issue.

I've not rooted this box so have no way of posting any logs or error messages.

I would like it fixed tho please as this is the only way I backup important data. My own fault for installing beta I guess but that's how these things get found out.