• April 25, 2024, 08:06:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02b01 Comments & Observations  (Read 35265 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02b01 Comments & Observations
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »

Post your comments and thoughts on the DNS-320 beta firmware v2.02b01...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:52:56 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

movisman

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02b01 Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:49:44 AM »

Hi,

I posted my comments here:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=41160.0

But am reposting them on this thread in case it's more 'visible' to others. Mods feel free to move, remove, whatever.

---

Hi guys,

This new firmware has definitely improved things for me!

For one, it now appears the two main bugs I experienced in my old post here:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=38598.0

Appear to be fixed on first glance. I will investigate some more to absolutely confirm, but my PS3 is now displaying the files/folders in alphabetical order, and when P2P is enabled the fan is going off after a period of inactivity.

However I have noticed an annoying bug in this release (this was perhaps in the last release as well, can't remember) relating to P2P. It could be the same as what this post is explaining (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40419.0), i'll try to explain in full what I see though:

When you "enable" P2P it by creates a folder called P2P in the root folder of Volume_1 to store the files. However for some reason this folder appears to ONLY be accessible via the Web File Server or the NAS itself. I just do not see it in Windows Explorer when viewing the contents of Volume_1 in Windows.

I have checked the permissions etc, etc, and all is ok. If you rename the P2P folder in the Web File Server it suddenly appears in Windows Explorer. Weird. Also if you try to manually create a 'P2P' folder in Windows Explorer it doesn't let you, but you can create any other folders.

Does anyone else get this? It's quite annoying, but I just can't fathom it out.

One other question:

Does anyone know the interval time the NAS uses when scanning for new media files on the uPnP AV server? I added an album into my music collection earlier this afternoon, and on my PS3 it is displaying only 2 of the 11 files. Perhaps another bug, or do I need to wait for it to rescan? I'm not doing another manual one (this will probably make them show up) as this takes hours!! It should do it itself eventually?

Cheers

BobVal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 04:12:31 PM »

Does anyone know what 3TB drives are supported?

cable2

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 06:17:36 AM »

Maybe it is just me, but the link for 202 leads me to the old download for 201.  Could you please double check the link.  Please and thank you.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 06:26:27 AM »

Maybe it is just me, but the link for 202 leads me to the old download for 201.  Could you please double check the link.  Please and thank you.

Here's a direct link to the firmware beta directory: ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/dns320/Beta/Firmware/

cable2

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 04:39:37 PM »

JavaLawyer, thanks for the link, the problem was the new file was invisible until I refreshed the page...Anyway comments on 2.02.  So far so good, I am using the new beta with 2 3TB Hitachi HDS5C3030ALA630 drives, Raid 1, shows as 2747GB, and the % drive used seems accurate.  I have a couple hundred GB of videos and I am optimistic.  The media server, which I didn't see in the fixes, appears to be working correctly also, all alphabetical.  I am mainly interested in this for storage and streaming media and right now it appears to be usable.  I don't know about any of the other security features etc, but hopefully they will get around to everything soon.
PS.  You must use Internet Explorer to get this thing working.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »

JavaLawyer, thanks for the link, the problem was the new file was invisible until I refreshed the page...

Some browsers (like Firefox) cache the page until you manually refresh. :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:07:45 PM by JavaLawyer »

Phane

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »

Some browsers (like Firefox) cache the page until you manually refresh. :)

Firmware upgrade process doesn't work using Google Chrome.  It just sits forever with the spinning wheel and does nothing.  I'm pretty sure I used Chrome to upgrade to 2.01 without issue but I had to revert to IE to do this upgrade.

Before the upgrade, it reported my 3TB Hitachi Deskstar 0S03230 as 2951GB Capacity / XXXX Available and my Samsung Spinpoint 1TB as 982GB Capacity / XXX Available (can't remember exactly what was listed as available before the upgrade).  After the upgrade, it reports them as 2748.72GB / 2310.54GB Available and 914.95GB / 886.3GB Available.  It doesn't say the word Capacity anymore and doesn't seem to list the correct value.  I'm not sure if the second number (which I'd presume to be free space) is correct either.  The % listed to the right of these values (15% and 3%, respectively) seem to be what I remember having before the upgrade and also match the ratio of the incorrect numbers listed for capacity and free space.

JuLx64

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 11:52:56 AM »

Firmware upgrade process doesn't work using Google Chrome.  It just sits forever with the spinning wheel and does nothing.

I just did it, no problem at all.

finalturismo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 06:34:07 PM »

I had the same problem when trying firmware 2.01

Always use internet explorer for firmware updates via web browser.

Btw java, thanks

Everything works fine

P2P Folder has now moved in windows explorer via network drive map
Location is now separate from volume 1
Firmware 2.02 looks to be mighty sexy

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:39:10 PM by finalturismo »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »

Btw java, thanks
. . . Folder has now moved in windows explorer via network drive map
Location is now separate from volume 1

No problem.
Updated that "Wishlist Item" to Fixed.

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 11:03:36 PM »

After upgrading to this beta firmware there is no way to downgrade to earlier version. It simply state firmware upgrade failed, tried on both FF and IE browser.
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 04:19:30 AM »

After upgrading to this beta firmware there is no way to downgrade to earlier version. It simply state firmware upgrade failed, tried on both FF and IE browser.

If the firmware is giving you trouble, you can reset the DNS-320 to the factory default firmware and settings:
Press and hold the Reset button on the rear of the unit for more than 6 seconds.

Before you perform this procedure, I suggest you save your configurations settings on your local PC and upload the settings after you revert to the original firmware. This file will save you the trouble of recreating all of your user settings. In the web interface, navigate to: Management > System Management > System Settings > Configuration Settings "Save Configuration Settings".

Resetting the factory default firmware will not impact your HDD configuration or data.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:22:31 AM by JavaLawyer »

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 04:35:33 AM »

If the firmware is giving you trouble, you can reset the DNS-320 to the factory default firmware and settings:
Press and hold the Reset button on the rear of the unit for more than 6 seconds.

Before you perform this procedure, I suggest you save your configurations settings on your local PC and upload the settings after you revert to the original firmware. This file will save you the trouble of recreating all of your user settings. In the web interface, navigate to: Management > System Management > System Settings > Configuration Settings "Save Configuration Settings".

Resetting the factory default firmware will not impact your HDD configuration or data.

It's not the firmware that is giving problem, at least not at the moment, it's just doesn't allow downgrading of firmware which is unlike previous beta firmware I have tried before.

Anyway have not try doing a factory reset and see if work. Will post result later.
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 04:40:16 AM »

It's not the firmware that is giving problem, at least not at the moment, it's just doesn't allow downgrading of firmware which is unlike previous beta firmware I have tried before.

Anyway have not try doing a factory reset and see if work. Will post result later.

The firmware drives the user interface and end-user functionality. If the firmware upgrade/downgrade is failing, the likely culprit is some issue with or corruption of the current firmware installation.
Pages: [1] 2 3