• March 28, 2024, 12:42:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-920 (same as DCS 2121) loosing connection to router  (Read 3681 times)

Ben10dk

• Level 1 Member
DCS-920 (same as DCS 2121) loosing connection to router
« on: October 13, 2010, 11:57:02 AM »

I have just purchased a DCS 2121 (I assume that it is a similar model to the DCS 920 in US).

I have this setup:
- Connected the DCS 2121 wireless to my Belkin Router with a fixed IP address. Firmware version 1.4 is installed on the camera.
- I have a Synology 209 NAS server with survailance station that I have connected to the Camera.

I all works fine for 5 minutes to a couple of hours at which point the DCS 2121 loose connection to the Router and does not try to reconnect. If I turn the Cam on and off it will reconnect - and then loose connection again af a short time.

This is totally frustrating since the purpose of the Cam is to work as a surveilance cam - it kinda loose its value by not beeing connected...

Any help will e highly appreaciated

csacoma1

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-920 (same as DCS 2121) loosing connection to router
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:14:40 PM »

I have just purchased a DCS 2121 (I assume that it is a similar model to the DCS 920 in US).

I have this setup:
- Connected the DCS 2121 wireless to my Belkin Router with a fixed IP address. Firmware version 1.4 is installed on the camera.
- I have a Synology 209 NAS server with survailance station that I have connected to the Camera.

I all works fine for 5 minutes to a couple of hours at which point the DCS 2121 loose connection to the Router and does not try to reconnect. If I turn the Cam on and off it will reconnect - and then loose connection again af a short time.

This is totally frustrating since the purpose of the Cam is to work as a surveilance cam - it kinda loose its value by not beeing connected...

Any help will e highly appreaciated

Of course there is no help. because there is no work-around to a lousy product and zero support.  I have the same problem with my DCS920, and I think the only way to solve it is to buy another brand.  If I am wrong, then great... please let us know how to fix this.