• April 16, 2024, 01:03:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2330L will not stay connected (this is frustrating)  (Read 9936 times)

gorio1961

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2330L will not stay connected (this is frustrating)
« on: March 10, 2014, 05:20:25 PM »

I have assigned this unit a static I.P.  if I recycle power to the DCS-2330L, it will connect for about 5 minutes... then it dies.  Please help.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-2330L will not stay connected (this is frustrating)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 04:55:18 AM »

What router make/model do you have? Try leaving the camera in DHCP and reserve an IP address for the DCS-2330L through the router.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

gorio1961

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 05:02:53 PM »

I have a Netgear 6300 I already have reserved the IP, as soon as it briefly comes back online, I will go with DHCP.

gorio1961

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »

I believe the problem has been resolved.  So far so good, I disabled uPnP on all 7 cameras. Put all cams on DHCP, but reserved all seven IPs by MAC address on the router.  I did a couple of things for good measure, I disabled the Bonjour service on all cams and disable uPnP on the router as well. 

Thank you, JavaLawyer for your advice. 

Currently, D-View Cam is working perfectly.

Oh yeah, just last week when I only had four cameras, I captured a burglary attempt and used FB to get an identity.  Hung up fliers and the bad guy actually contacted me telling me there was a misunderstanding.  Either way, he was arrested today!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 04:35:35 AM »

I believe the problem has been resolved.  So far so good, I disabled uPnP on all 7 cameras. Put all cams on DHCP, but reserved all seven IPs by MAC address on the router.  I did a couple of things for good measure, I disabled the Bonjour service on all cams and disable uPnP on the router as well. 

Thank you, JavaLawyer for your advice. 

Currently, D-View Cam is working perfectly.

Oh yeah, just last week when I only had four cameras, I captured a burglary attempt and used FB to get an identity.  Hung up fliers and the bad guy actually contacted me telling me there was a misunderstanding.  Either way, he was arrested today!

That's a great story! I'm glad your cameras are doing their job!  ;)

gorio1961

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 11:49:30 AM »

Oh well, I spoke too soon.  Appears it has died completely this time.  Problem is, it's mounted 25 feet off the ground near the top of my roof.  It's going to be awhile before I can climb back up there and do a hard rest.  Too bad, I can't do a factory reset wirelessly and then do a new install (also wirelessly).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 05:01:25 PM »

Oh well, I spoke too soon.  Appears it has died completely this time.  Problem is, it's mounted 25 feet off the ground near the top of my roof.  It's going to be awhile before I can climb back up there and do a hard rest.  Too bad, I can't do a factory reset wirelessly and then do a new install (also wirelessly).

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. Since you have seven of these cameras (same model I presume), can you swap one of the cameras located in an easy-to-reach location to the roof, that way the problematic camera will be more accessible for troubleshooting? Just a thought. . .

Also, is the camera up on the roof the furthest away from your router? I'm wondering if this issue is in any way related to signal strength?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:03:43 PM by JavaLawyer »

gorio1961

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 09:07:18 AM »

Of the seven cams, all of them are DCS-932L's with the latest firmware all connecting via DHCP to a Netgear 6300 router via reserved IP addresses.  uPnP had been disable across the board.  The only problematic cam is this DCS-2330L, and ironically, my router is on the second floor of the house and the 2330 is actually the closest cam to the router.  If I recycle power to the camera via the wall switch, I used to connect fine and operate for about 5 or 10 minutes.  But now since I did the reset to factory defaults, I can't access it until I can climb the ladder to retrieve the camera and re-initialize it via Cat-5 cable. 

I really like the image quality on this DCS-2330.

gorio1961

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »

Okay, so after doing a hard reset and reconfiguring my 2330L, it am having the same problem, In that it will not maintain a wireless connection.

Paul