• April 25, 2024, 07:27:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DFL-210 & Split Tunneling  (Read 6215 times)

tylan

• Level 1 Member
DFL-210 & Split Tunneling
« on: June 08, 2009, 05:36:44 PM »

I have a DFL-210 w/ a PPTP Server configured on it.  I'm using the Windows XP native VPN Client.  The connection works perfectly.  However, I want to be able to browse the internet when connected to the PPTP VPN from a remote XP machine.  I believe that this is normally called split tunneling, however I can't find any way of doing it or FAQ that explains it for the 210.  When I call support they seem baffled by my request.  I saw a FAQ that applied to the  DFL-200/700/1100 that gave instructions, but they didn't quite match up with the DFL-210.  I also saw a link to an MS article that had you removing the default gateway on the VPN connection... but that seems like a hokey workaround.

What's the best way to accomplish this?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: DFL-210 & Split Tunneling
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »

The FAQ (http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2501) that I believe you are referencing shows you how to make a policy allowing that Wan destined traffic to pass through the DFL-200/700/1100, it is not true split tunneling as the traffic is being "proxied" through the firewall.  To do the same with a DFL-210 simply add an IP Rule like the below.

Action: NAT
Service: all-services
Source Interface: PPTP
Source Network: PPTP-Pool
Destination Interface: WAN
Destination Network: All-Nets

For real split tunnelling you will need to play with the routing on your client machine which is less than fun, the Microsoft solution is fair.
non progredi est regredi

tylan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 03:53:49 PM »

Which method would you recommend?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 03:59:54 PM »

I set up the IP Rule I gave you pretty universally.
non progredi est regredi

tylan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 04:07:58 PM »

When I tried that that was for the dfl-200 I missed that it was a NAT rule, not an allow.  I'll give it a try soon.  Thanks.

jcornell

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 12:38:30 PM »

That worked perfectly for me.

After connecting to http://www.dslreports.com/whois through my VPN connection it was clear that my HTTP requests being made from the WAN port of the DFL.

Thank you