• April 28, 2024, 06:39:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Does D-link gives gurantee on its products?  (Read 10676 times)

13babul13

• Level 1 Member
Does D-link gives gurantee on its products?
« on: February 10, 2009, 12:10:33 AM »

Hi,
I bought a DIR-655 router about 2 or 3 months ago. It was working perfectly without any flaws until just 2 days ago. The router completely stop broadcasting the wireless signal. I can still access the router using the 192.168.0.1 when connected with the cat 6 cable, but otherwise I can't. I know how to connect the routers, so this isn't anything new to me. I don't know what it might be. I checked everything, but the wireless signal is not working.

I really feel bad because it cost a little more than $100.00 dollars, and I have not use it that much to determine it was worth it. It was a really, really, really good router, but I don't know what might of happened. I was place in desk, like all the routers that I have had, so it was clearly no misused or abuse of the hardware or anything like that.

The other problem is that I throw the receipt from Circuit City, before they declared bankruptcy, and I don't know what to do now.

Does the company give any extended guarantee like other companies do, or how much would it cost to fix the defective router?

Thank You. ???

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: Does D-link gives gurantee on its products?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:20:55 AM »

Looks like the wireless died on you (unless it is switched off in the router setup  ;))
I guess one year guarantee is standard. Go to your retailer and ask for RMA
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

ShawnTRD

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 02:12:36 AM »

Have you tried resetting the router defaults? And rebooting it from the control panel and from the back of the router?
US FTP Site
ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir655/Firmware/

coppertrail

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 04:27:07 AM »

If it's not broadcasting a wireless signal after a factory reset, I agree, RMA time . . .

Demondriver

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 06:00:23 AM »

sadly you made the same mistake as i did, buying it at circuit city.  The retailer will not help you in any fashion as they are dissolved as a company.  (already went through all this a couple weeks ago with my router).

D-Link "should" rma your product, but be prepared for long hold times on the phone (i was on hold 6hrs straight before talking to a single person during there supposed business hours kept getting the we're busy comment)

Long story short i've had to eat my router, was told by the rma supervisor that nothing would be done although my situation warrented it and if i didnt like that i could gladly go buy another router and report them to the better business bureau lol.  Hope you have better results :)

KevTech

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 08:12:27 AM »

Long story short i've had to eat my router, was told by the rma supervisor that nothing would be done although my situation warrented it and if i didnt like that i could gladly go buy another router and report them to the better business bureau lol.  Hope you have better results :)
I highly doubt a D-Link rep said that to you.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 08:49:05 AM »

I highly doubt a D-Link rep said that to you.

I would like to second that motion.

PM me the name of the person you spoke with and any relevant details (such as case ID, your name and any other personal information you would have given the agent that I may be able to reference your case by) and I will get to the bottom of this.

Anyone with a defective product that is inside the warranty period will have their warranty respected.  Call in at 1 877 453 5465, and if the problem is as cut and dry as you explain here you should have your RMA in no time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:16:51 AM by Lycan »
non progredi est regredi

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 10:29:29 AM »

I'll one up the Fatman, PM me your contact information and I'll RMA your product personally.
(assuming your warranty is valid).

13babul13

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 10:44:49 AM »

I'll one up the Fatman, PM me your contact information and I'll RMA your product personally.
(assuming your warranty is valid).

What type of information do you need? Do you need the numbers on the router?
Hopefully, the warranty is still valid, I have less less 2 or 3 months with it. I don't know if it matters, but I don't have the sales receipt, but I do have the cover box.

I already send an email, but they haven't responded. I guess it's faster through here.

Thank You.

Demondriver

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 11:30:47 AM »

wow thanks guys, this forum support is a much better experiance than my phone experiance.  And although this is just internet and you DO have the right to doubt/disagree with me which is fine, i assure you that i am being honest in my remarks.  Maybe it was an off day for people since it was a monday afterall.

Sadly out of frustration after those phone conversation's i went out and bought another dir655 and had the same issues as the other one, threw away my note's and came here to the forums for some resolve. 

Luckily thanks to forum members etc. i've progressed alot farther in fixing my issues and have regained the resolve to continue trying to tweak this into working flawlessly (not quite there yet, problems posted in another thread.)

Again maybe it was just an off day or whatever. Thanks for your kindness in these forums though, its definitely an experience changer.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 11:40:17 AM »

What type of information do you need? Do you need the numbers on the router?
Hopefully, the warranty is still valid, I have less less 2 or 3 months with it. I don't know if it matters, but I don't have the sales receipt, but I do have the cover box.

I already send an email, but they haven't responded. I guess it's faster through here.

Thank You.
I was referring to Demondrivers specific issue. Had he proof that he was treated in such a way I could have used that information to circumvent standard operating procedures.
If you feel like your unit is defective you'll need to call the technical support line. I can not interfere unless there has been a wrong done by them and I have evidence of such.

Demondriver

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 01:05:16 PM »

Lesson learned - keep track of EVERYTHING anytime your on the line with tech support lol.  guess i enjoy learning the hardway 8P

13babul13

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 11:27:15 PM »

Anyone with a defective product that is inside the warranty period will have their warranty respected.  Call in at X-XXX-XXX-XXXX, and if the problem is as cut and dry as you explain here you should have your RMA in no time.
[/quote]

Why are you giving out a phone number for a telephone sex talk service? I though you were an employee or something. If, you are an employee, please give me your name because what you did is not a funny. I am really disappointed in this service.   
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 03:50:19 PM by AWDL »

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 04:41:40 AM »

It was a mistype:

use 1-877-453-5465

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 10:19:50 AM »

There was a typo in the number given. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Please remember that D-Link provides contact supplements within the original packaging of your device.

Locking Topic

-Lycan