• April 24, 2024, 10:52:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dsm-520 no content available  (Read 3665 times)

bcens

• Level 1 Member
dsm-520 no content available
« on: April 01, 2009, 10:17:07 AM »

Hi all,

Had DSM-520 for 3 years now.  Flawless operation with Vista WMP server until recently.  Changed location of music folder to network server.  Music can be viewed and played on WMP, but DSM returns error message "No Content Available" when selecting any tag/folder option at menu.  Music stored locally on PC can still be read and played on DSM.  Second computer running XP Home returns same error when accessing that server from DSM.  This is almost certainly a WMP problem.  Any suggestions?

Thx
Brian

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: dsm-520 no content available
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 12:03:08 PM »

WMP11 does not support sharing of Network storage devices is the problem. I would recommend using the D-Link media server program from the support website. You can properly share you NAS with this program running.

http://www.support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DSM-750
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

bcens

• Level 1 Member
Re: dsm-520 no content available
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »

ECF

Thanks for the input! You've probably saved me several hours of frustration by answering so quickly.  I tried using DLMS before and knew it worked, I just wanted to eliminate program redundancy. 

bcens