• May 06, 2024, 08:04:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Freezing router?  (Read 195147 times)

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
Re: Freezing router?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 06:40:48 AM »

4 days 21 hours uptime router is going strong on A2 f/w 1.22b05.

My problem can only be attributed to heavy load on the network or extreme interference, as I had suspected.

tejota

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 07:28:06 AM »

I am seeing the exact same problem on A2 hardware revision.  Previous builds worked fairly well, but I do have to reset ever 2-4 days now :(

If I had an option, I would happily move back to an older version.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 11:30:20 AM »

I am seeing the exact same problem on A2 hardware revision.  Previous builds worked fairly well, but I do have to reset ever 2-4 days now :(

If I had an option, I would happily move back to an older version.

My A2 revision hasn't rebooted in weeks... ???
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 07:49:28 PM »

That's what i'm getting at. At least in my situation, where I explained that the network could not be reached, or if I am able to gain access to the router after a very long period of timeout, it would appear unformatted.

I suspect, that in my senerio, that it may have to do with one of the LAN computers doing some wierd torrenting, however I did see in the logs, whether or not it was during this time, that there were uPnP conflicts. But everything is still fine, going strong. Had to reboot the router today because one of the XP SP2 clients could not connect wirelessly, but the others could.

As usualy I would have thunked it to be localized to that computer. After doing work on it, and not connecting, I decided to just reboot the router and it connected. Must have been a noisy channel, since before it was on 1 and now it's on 8 (auto scan)

sincity

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 09:47:21 PM »

A3 version same freezing problem on 1.31.  Last stable version that i remember was 1.11.  Switching back to my old g router until new firmware solves this issue.

DCIFRTHS

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 10:17:36 PM »

A3 version same freezing problem on 1.31.  Last stable version that i remember was 1.11.  Switching back to my old g router until new firmware solves this issue.

I'm staying on version 1.20 until this gets sorted out.

mackworth

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 07:48:38 AM »

My A2 revision hasn't rebooted in weeks... ???

What kind of load do you put on your router?  I have 6 people using a 655 for a total of 4n and 4g clients and an xbox and popcorn hour on the lan.  This is happening all the time for me.

ttmcmurry

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 08:22:04 AM »

I have HW A2 and my router freezes every time I put it in the freezer.  Don't underetand why this keeps occurring.  The power cord fits fine through the freezer door and I thought it would keep itself warm to the touch, but it keeps freezing.  HELP!

sincity

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2009, 09:51:59 AM »

My load consist of 3 wired PC's, 1 wired xbox360 and 1 wireless -N- PC. Pages would load slow and it wasnt my bandwidth.

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2009, 09:54:37 AM »

Xbox360, PS3, 1 Wired 4 wireless. but not all are on at the same time.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2009, 04:46:34 PM »

What kind of load do you put on your router?  I have 6 people using a 655 for a total of 4n and 4g clients and an xbox and popcorn hour on the lan.  This is happening all the time for me.

Load:

1 wired PC W7 x64; Torrents, NZB's, streaming media
3 laptops, wireless G (2) and wireless N (1); P2P and visdeostreaming
1 mediaplayer wireless G; watching streaming movies (2-3 hrs+)

On USB:
1 7-port hub (powered)
1 HDD (powered)
1 Samsung laserprinter
1 HP deskjet
1 USB pendrive
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2009, 11:26:54 PM »

I also joined this forum to hopefully get a response from Dlink sooner rather then later.
1st off the only reason I even updated my firmware was because I decided to try VOIP with Vonage.
my setup:
Vonage: static ip
2 desktops with encore wireless n cards with XP
2 desktops with realtek gig run of the mil builtin cards with XP
1 xbox360 wired
1 wii wireless g
1 laptop Intel 4965 n wireless with XP

Everything worked great with firmware 1.21 with assigned Mac's to local network ip's.
After I figured out the only way I could do VOIP with the network traffic I have is with a static ip the new firmware 1.31na was released.
Now I'm getting locked up or non-connection on both wired & wireless everyday since I updated.
The only way I've been able to resolve the issue to to reboot the router.
It's not my systems nothing has changed, it's Dlink's firmware!
I understand that 1.31 from all the issues people are having will need to be tweaked.
Sooner rather then later...the wife and kids are ready to hang my ass.

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 07:10:56 AM »

I was going to copy & paste my config. screens in hopes of maybe someone might see a issue with my setup but decided not to as to much info.
However if you go into the advanced setup of the router and drag your mouse across the screen highlighting it and then paste it as if you were going to post on the message board you will see different categories that is pasted then what was on the sceen.

Not really of any importance, just kinda interesting options. I guess to many options is to much and the engineers are saving us for ourselves.

barich

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 01:16:38 PM »

This is happening to me with 1.31 as well on a rev. A4.  I wish I hadn't upgraded, because it was working fine with 1.21 and had been up for well over a month.  Now, I have to power cycle it every couple of days, otherwise web browsing gets unusably slow and I can't access the web interface anymore.

alphad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2009, 08:19:01 PM »

This is happening to me with 1.31 as well on a rev. A4.  I wish I hadn't upgraded, because it was working fine with 1.21 and had been up for well over a month.  Now, I have to power cycle it every couple of days, otherwise web browsing gets unusably slow and I can't access the web interface anymore.

I found that if I disable DNS Relay on my DIR-655 FW1.31 my router does not exhibit the above issue.  I'm up 8 days now!  With DNS Relay enabled I would have to power cycle every 3-4 days.  Seems the DNS Relay bug has yet to be fixed contrary to the change log.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21