• April 24, 2024, 11:15:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Multiple 'similar' services on different target IP's behind router.  (Read 3305 times)

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member

First of all, I am OK if the moderators think this question is better answered in another section as it is rather a general question...

Maybe this is something that all 'consumer grade' routers will have problems with, but I don't know if this is the case as I tend not to use consumer grade networking gear for this particular task, so perhaps someone here can advise me?

Several of the installations I  look after, has much more upmarket routers (none from DLINK), and they detect incoming and outgoing connections for services (like web servers) determined by DNS entries or by editable routing tables and direct the traffic to specific target IP's on the 'LAN' side of the router as needed.

Obviously, the use of a much more sophisticated routing table like this requires a more involved setup (and we pay much more in the money department for it), but I was wondering if this is something that any DLINK router can do?

With the 2310, as far as web serving is concerned, I have to use the Apache 'virtual-server' feature to deliver more than one web site on port 80, and all this traffic goes to one IP on the LAN, but is there an alternative from DLINK?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:46:24 AM by bjrichus »

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
Re: Multiple 'similar' services on different target IP's behind router.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 04:06:05 PM »

In the hope that ....

Oh no - forget it.