• May 05, 2024, 10:00:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: SharePort 3.0 comments and feedback  (Read 149227 times)

chadd

• Level 1 Member
Re: SharePort 3.0 comments and feedback
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 08:04:17 AM »

I'd like to say it's Dlink's problem, but since the results are identical with the source software, SX Virtual Link, I doubt it.

so basically, you're saying that it just doesn't work, which, i agree with.

chadd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 06:10:13 AM »

the other thought i had was that maybe adding a powered USB hub to the 655's usb would keep it "alive" longer since it would be constantly seeing a powered device at the end of the 655 usb port?
long shot, but honestly, i've seen no other better solutions.

well, this didn't work.
i bought a new powered hub, plugged in a printer and an external HDD. worked awesome for a little while, then after a while, same problem.
i can see both of the USB devices in the shareport software, but when i try to connect, it just sits there connecting for a while, then connects for a second and then disconnects.

very frustrating.

momcat1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 08:10:22 AM »

I also tried the powered USB hub idea prior to posting. It made no difference.

xpressway

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 10:56:25 AM »

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed at Dlink.

I have one PC with XP SP3. with shareport 3.0
1 laptop with windows 7 with shareport 3.0
1 laptop with XP SP3 in which i couldnt even install shareport

My router is Dlink DIR-655 with firmware 1.33NA

I have the same problem as everyone in here. I can't print, my shareport is totally useless thanks to this new firmware.

chadd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed at Dlink.

I have one PC with XP SP3. with shareport 3.0
1 laptop with windows 7 with shareport 3.0
1 laptop with XP SP3 in which i couldnt even install shareport

My router is Dlink DIR-655 with firmware 1.33NA

I have the same problem as everyone in here. I can't print, my shareport is totally useless thanks to this new firmware.

i'm not going to blame the new firmware, mine didn't work with the old (1.32NA) firmware either :)

momcat1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 12:36:34 PM »

i'm not going to blame the new firmware, mine didn't work with the old (1.32NA) firmware either :)

It did work for a while when I had 1.21NA, but stopped after one of Kodak's updates (my printer)
'

lionintexas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 11:53:45 AM »

I've followed this thread for a few weeks now hoping that D-Link would get off their butt and do something to fix PC Shareport.  But nothing has happened, and it seems like D-Link thinks we will all go away.  Like many, I bought my DIR-655 router to use the USB port.  But nothing I seem to have tried works.  My stats:

DIR-655 router,  1.33NA firmware (was using 1.32NA and that did not work either)
                       A4 hardware
Windows 7
PC Shareport 3.0  (was using an earlier version and that never worked either)
USB external hard drive

I've read many forums and tried many things, and every time after a few days of success, Shareport decides it wants to stop working and will not connect my USB hard drive.  So I uninstall then reinstall Shareport so I can get another few days of USB connection, then the cycle starts all over again.

WHERE ARE YOU D-LINK???
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:56:10 AM by lionintexas »

chadd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 09:49:51 AM »

WHERE ARE YOU D-LINK???

i submitted an actual support ticket for shareport via their contact form on april 20.
on april 22 i recieved this reply:

Date of Reply: 4/22/2010

We would like to suggets you to kindly uninstall and reinstall the shareport utility and verify if the issue persists.

Should you require further assistance with your D-Link products, please reply to this message, or call toll free at 877-453-5465.  

Thank you for networking with D-Link.

D-Link Technical Support

i replied on april 22 saying i have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, all with the same result.
no response.
i sent another reply on april 25.
still no response.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:54:24 AM by sesca »

momcat1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 07:34:12 PM »

The old shareport worked great with an older firmware. Now i can't downgrade the firmware and i lost the shareport function, a key feature that made me pick this router... now it's trash for me.

I can't belive Dlink is doing such a bad work.

I can't believe you're surprised. I've been suffering with this problem in its varying flavors for two years. Dlink should really go through alpha and beta before publishing and advertising the item as ready for prime time. Since the software has had such a bad track record, then the hardware shouldn't have been released either. It can't work without working software.

What a shame.

shaialo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010, 01:38:37 PM »

DIR-655, A4 Hardware, 1.33NA firmware, Shareport V3.0.0 R1 (SXUPTP 3.3.8.0), ANY DEVICE.

Hi,
I lately upgraded the firmware to 1.33NA, and installed the Shareport V3.
I have 2 PCs:
1. On the first one, I have Win7 64bit: installed SharePort V3 64bit, and it worked perfectly, discovering any USB device (Mass storage, HP printer)  ;D
2. On the second, I have WinXP 32 bit, therefore I installed SharePort V3 32bit. But here, it discovers NOTHING AT ALL!!   >:(
I tried configuring the broadcasting as mentioned before, but still nothing!   :'(

Any idea? anyone? ??? ??? ???

Thanks
shaialo

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2010, 06:48:40 PM »

Hi,

DIR-655 A2 with FW 1.34b03 using a Canon Pixma iP4500 photo printer on Windows 7 Pro x64.  Shareport v3.xx

As some other folks are seeing, connecting/disconnecting works fine but for me, I get maybe one photo to print, and then others will print maybe 1/3 or 1/2 on a page, spit out that page, then another 1/3 or 1/2 of the image..spits out THAT page....

The secondary pages also tend to be in psycodelic colors or even monochrome with seemingly no predictable outcome to the funky sections....

Text pages seem to print out ok, altho I have not tried to print any long text documents.

I have another PC here with Win 7 X64 that has been working fine to my knowledge....

I have rebooted the router and tweaked my WIn7 firewall settings per other's suggestions but it hasn't changed my results....

I have adjusted the printer driver settings as to the spooling settings and no changes....

I ran printer diagnostics from Win7 and it said something about the printer spooler being wonky

PLEASE HELP !!
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

klaus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2010, 06:57:40 PM »

Hi - as you can see I'm a newbie to this forum.  I have just purchased the DIR-655, and am wondering if I should save myself the trouble and return it (I have not unpackaged it yet).

Should I go for it and join the crowd of seemingly disatisfied customers?  (I need to be able to print with a NON-wireless printer: HP Officejet Pro K550.)

Aljetmet

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »

Well I tried SX Virtual Link , DIR-655, HW A4, FW 1.33NA, WIN7 64, and I was able to connect for decent periods of time. Able to transfer 15G of files to a USB hard drive.
Still flaky though and a reboot is sometimes necessary but certainly better than the Shareport version 3  SW.
When it doesn't work, SX Virtual sees the USB drive and is available, takes a long time to connect and then the drive doesn't show up in Windows Explorer... that's when I know I have to reboot the Router.
Then it works like a charm.... for a while.
I just installed the SX Virtual link and having success compared to the Shareport 3.0.  However, I have a theory why shareport does not work....I may be crazy but I think the Dir-655 and our PCs lose connectivity for say a mili second.  Shareport cannot handle it and disconnects from the USB devices and cannot recover. While SX Virtual is more forgiving.  I totally lost internet connectivity and when it came back the SX Virtual connected right back to my printer.  Never happened with Shareport. This occurs with my wireless laptop and wired desktop.  Anyone else have similar experience?

momcat1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2010, 04:49:20 PM »

I just installed the SX Virtual link and having success compared to the Shareport 3.0.  However, I have a theory why shareport does not work....I may be crazy but I think the Dir-655 and our PCs lose connectivity for say a mili second.  Shareport cannot handle it and disconnects from the USB devices and cannot recover. While SX Virtual is more forgiving.  I totally lost internet connectivity and when it came back the SX Virtual connected right back to my printer.  Never happened with Shareport. This occurs with my wireless laptop and wired desktop.  Anyone else have similar experience?

Similar yes, but the router actually reboots during this and all computers on my network lose connectivity, and when the router does come back up it doesn't necessarily reconnect to the computers. With both SX Virtual and Shareport.
unacceptable.

traumaturgist

• Level 1 Member
grrr
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »

>:(

Ok...here's my setup:

router: DIR-655 (very new), H/W ver. A4, firmware 1.33NA
desktop: Windows XP SP3
laptop: Windows Vista Home Premium
SharePort 3.0.0 R1 (SXUPTP Driver : 3.3.8.0)
CANON MF4150 multifunction printer

Frankly, I'm about ready to throw this router out the window....actually, no, that's not really fair.  The router is GREAT...but SharePort is driving me CRAZY.

I think my problems are very much like those of others here.  When I first installed SP off the installation CD things were working fine...and then they weren't.  When I boot up my systems, SP reads the Canon printer fine across the router; but when I try to connect it says Connected, and then I get a balloon that reads "Canon printer failed to disconnect properly" and SP tries to reconnect...and this loops ad infinitum (I have to go to the Task Manager to kill the process).  The real kicker is it HAS worked and I have NO idea why it just decides NOT to work.  I know it isn't a hardware problem because a direct connection to the printer always works.

I've tried uninstalling and updating and reinstalling my drivers as per the troubleshooting...I always know it works when SP connects and I hear the sound tones that my printer drivers are being loaded up...that seems to be the key to it working...but I don't get that anymore.  I'm a PhD student and I just don't have time to troubleshoot something that should be pretty simple and straightforward...I am PRAYING someone can resolve this!  >:(

peace

EDIT: ok...now, MAGICALLY, everything is working fine again....for now?  About the only thing I can say to those with laptops having this problem is: don't let your laptop enter Sleep or any other mode while SharePort is running...it seems to create a whole bunch of problems - at least if you're connected to your printer at the time.  As it stands, I'm afraid to breathe on my computer for fear SP will decide to have another schizoid embolism.....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 03:01:28 PM by traumaturgist »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9