The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-635

DIR-632 loosing wireless connections

<< < (3/4) > >>

FurryNutz:
What wireless modes are you using?
Try single mode G or mixed G and N?
What security mode are you using? WEP, WPA or WPA2? Preferred is WPA-Personal. WPA2/Auto TPIK and AES.
Turn off Short GI and Extra Wireless Proctection if you have it. Under Advanced/Advanced Wireless.

If there are other WiFi in the area then they can impact signal on the router. Use InSSIDer to see what channels are being used and set up manual on the channel that isn't used if any.
What HW version is your router?
What FW version is currently loaded?

What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
What ISP Modem do you have? Stand Alone or built in router?
What ISP Modem make and model do you have?

--- Quote from: sblais on November 22, 2011, 10:43:05 AM ---Same problem here.  Wireless broadcasting stops a couple of times a week.  LAN connections are not affected.  Wireless is back is I unplug/plug the router or reboot it (tools/system).  I've got 2 computers and both connections are lost at the same time: it has to be the router.  Same problem with a modem: has to be the router.  There are other routers in the area and I can see them with Inssider: only my router vanishes.  I doubt it has anything to do with interference though.  I've tried many of the possible configurations (including most of what FurryNutz proposes -  still have to reserve the IP addresses.)

I'm not quite sure what bits of the log are relevant.  Here are some lines that could be:

ath0: STA 00:18:e7:e0:e0:7f WPA: received EAPOL-Key 2/4 Pairwise with unexpected replay counter

ath0: STA 00:18:e7:e0:e0:7f IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

sblais:
It was "mixed g and n", but I just changed it to "g" (connection currently lasts a couple of minutes only  :( )

Otherwise:
-Security: WPA-Personal, WPA Only, AES
-Short GI: off
-Extra wireless protection: I don't see that option under advanced wireless...
-Channel: 8 (other routers on 1, 6 and 11), and I've tried many others.  I use a 20
-Hardware Version: A1
-Firmware Version: 1.01NA

-ISP: DSL, stand alone, Siemens Speedstream 4200.  I wonder this could be relevant as LAN connections are always good.

-Two computers are connected: 1. Dell desktop with DWA-552. 2. Dell laptop with the original Broadcom wireless adapter.

FurryNutz:
Try Auto TPIK and AES on Single mode G only. Then try No security as a test. I'm curious if any mode works.

sblais:
"G only" didn't work too well, but I didn't lose connection for 1 day and 19 hours so far with "B only" and WPA2 Only/AES.

FurryNutz:
This happen with both computers connected at the same time or one at a time.

Are there any other WiFi in the near by vicinity?
Can you use InSSIDer application to see. I'm wondering if there could be others near by effecting this router and if not, I would suggest you take this router back and get another or different model or RMA it. This router isn't behaving correctly. Let us know if you have other WiFi around you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version