D-Link Wireless Adapters > DWA-171

DWA-171 Simple Questions

<< < (2/2)

FurryNutz:
Not sure if this behavior can be disabled....you might phone contact D-Link support and ask. This could be a behavior indicative of it sensing something and providing you with the display. However most of the time, it shouldn't be visible if your connected well.

--- Quote from: stillbill on December 24, 2013, 04:09:03 AM ---I just got this DWA-171.  Works fine, but I have the same problem as OP described above.  Do I really have to look at this pop-up window several times everyday for now until eternity?????  If I can't turn  this off I am going to take it back to Office Depot and buy another brand.

--- End quote ---

stillbill:
After struggling with this device for 4 days, I have come to the conclusion that it is CRAP!  Do not buy one!  I am hoping that Office Max will give me a refund without the package it came in!

Disconnects at random - pages hang - even though it still shows connected.  Have to unplug it and re-insert every half hour.  Plus the stupid window always on top of everything!

I will buy a different brand like the one I have on my other computer that I plugged-in 6 months ago, and never had to see it or mess with it again!

FurryNutz:
So it was working find here and now it's not?

What are the main router wifi settings?

--- Quote from: stillbill on December 24, 2013, 04:09:03 AM ---I just got this DWA-171.  Works fine, but I have the same problem as OP described above.  Do I really have to look at this pop-up window several times everyday for now until eternity?????  If I can't turn  this off I am going to take it back to Office Depot and buy another brand.

--- End quote ---

stillbill:
I took it back and got a NetGear unit.  Works great and I don't have to close popups over and over.

FurryNutz:
Enjoy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version