• April 23, 2024, 01:40:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IPhone Connectivity Problem  (Read 5373 times)

learnin4life

• Level 1 Member
IPhone Connectivity Problem
« on: August 13, 2009, 06:12:02 AM »

I'm a non-tech user who has been enjoying the wirelees experience with my WBR-1310 router for over one year.  Besides going through the initial configuration routines after the purchase, I've not had any trouble with my wireless network.  Till now.

My wife recently purchased an new IPhone, and wants to access the internet using our home's wireless network.  This is when my trouble started,  The IPhone is capable of detecting the wireless network, but cannot login through the router to gain access to the internet.  The phone prompts for a password, we type the password established for the router, but the response from the phone is that it cannot access the network, or words to that effect.  I've looked at FAQ's and forum topics, but haven't seen much information specific to the WBR-1310.

I'm hoping someone on this board may have run into something similar and be able to offer me some advice to get the IPhone connected.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

learnin4life

• Level 1 Member
Re: IPhone Connectivity Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:08 AM »

As many of you who viewed my earlier post probably realized, my problem was actually OE, i.e., operator error.  Turns out in the world of home networks the security key is the all important gatekeeper of access.  Instead of the password I assigned at set-up, the Iphone was granted access when I typed the router security key.  Well duh....

This point may be helpful for anyone else experiencing log in problems with an Iphone.  Always think about the security key when logging into the network.

opameyer

• Level 1 Member
Re: IPhone Connectivity Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »

Security Key still wouldn't allow my iPhone to access internet. My wireless security is WEP2 is that why?