D-Link Wireless Adapters > DWA-131

Frequent disconnects

<< < (3/3)

FurryNutz:
Try finding the Mfr chip set drivers maybe, I presume either RaLink or Broadcom or maybe Atheros. Other then that, you'll probably need to wait for D-Link to update drivers for Win 8.1.

FurryNutz:
Any status on this?  ??? Try to install the driver via device manager with manually pointing at the unpacked driver folder and see.

shoe:
What I am going to do is use  DWA 171 but what I need to know can I install it without installing the utility software. I will be on Win 8

FurryNutz:
No experience with Win 8. Only thing you can try is to unpack the driver for the 171 or 131 and use the device manager to install the device manually and point to the unpack folder. Not sure if you'll need to remove the utility executable from the folder prior to installed. There is probably a co-installer that effects any installation of the utility. IF the driver is on CD, copy the contents of the CD or driver folder off the CD and remove any utility executables if you can find it.

Let us know how it goes.

FurryNutz:
I see there is a driver only folder in the zip file thats on the web site. I think if you pointed the device manager to the appropriate folder it should install just the driver only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version