• April 19, 2024, 02:13:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Would You Purchase the DCS-932L Again?  (Read 15855 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Would You Purchase the DCS-932L Again?
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:32:57 AM »

Given your experiences with the DCS-932L, would you purchase the DCS-932L again or go with another product?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:41:07 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Would You Purchase the DCS-932L Again?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »

Personally, had I known of the stability issues and Wizard-dependent registration requirement for D-Link, I would have given this purchase more thought. Whether I would make the purchase again is still difficult given the high feature to price ratio.

cjnoll

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 12:18:19 PM »

since I have been unable to get the proper active X or Java apps loaded and technical support basically can't help - I would say no.  I can get in on the emulator but the mydlink site won't run.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »

since I have been unable to get the proper active X or Java apps loaded and technical support basically can't help - I would say no.  I can get in on the emulator but the mydlink site won't run.

What browser are you using? Why don't you start another thread and see if the members in this forum could help you. Our collective experience spans well beyond many of the technical issues handled by D-Link technical support.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:03:10 PM by JavaLawyer »

somms

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 05:17:13 PM »

Given your experiences with the DCS-943L, would you purchase the DCS-932L again or go with another product?

http://v2.mydlink.com/product/DCS942L

I would have to skip the 932L until the 942L now becomes avail! ;)

Peeeete

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »

It's hard to say...

I would for sure say Yes, if MyDlink had the ability to manually add a device. Or if it was more simple to get to the Live Feed from a computer outside my network, or from IP cam viewer apps. I love the price considering the quality and amount of features. So Making it slightly more user-friendly would make it awesome!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 08:07:50 AM »

It's hard to say...

I would for sure say Yes, if MyDlink had the ability to manually add a device. Or if it was more simple to get to the Live Feed from a computer outside my network, or from IP cam viewer apps. I love the price considering the quality and amount of features. So Making it slightly more user-friendly would make it awesome!

Agreed. The dependency on the Wizard for the mydlink registration is a major flaw in the design of the DCS-932L. Expanding on this, registering a DCS-932L on a camera that is already configured and working on a network requires configuring the camera from scratch -- the mydlink registration is locked as the last part of the setup process and can not be accessed independently.

izenmike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »

Hard to say.  I like the thin/small foot print.  I don't need 2-way audio, zoom or pan (put there are cameras that offer that for less money.)  I use port forwarding as uPnP was wreaking havoc on my Verizon FIOS ActionTec router.  I don't use mydlink as other iPhone apps and the web interface work just fine with Port forwarding. 

I am considering getting another because of consistency sake - keeping my eyes open for the $89 sales. 

Keep the firmware updates/improvements coming!

Lilywhite

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 04:19:33 AM »

I am really happy with this model. I need a second one right now :). And thanks to this forum....no issues for me right now.

rgs9559

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 01:00:05 AM »

would port forwarding help with the emails for the motion detecting?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:09 AM »

would port forwarding help with the emails for the motion detecting?

Please describe your issue in greater detail.

MMa0blabla

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 09:16:11 AM »

No i would not:
- Sound is noisy, unusable: garbage !
- Firmware is full of bugs : upnp alway ON conflicting with my https port forwarding configuration...on my dlink DIR-655 router (i had to disable UPNP on the router) ! + direct http access with login/password does not work + adding users does not work + no REAL video feed + motion detection config page crashes FF 9 and 10.
- FPS is at 3 max with wifi N (with a 85% wifi signal. Not tested ethernet yet but i guess 20 or 30 FPS is impossible). BTW: what is your best FPS ? (JavaLawyer, don't you want to make a poll about it ? i'm really curious about the real FPS others may have).
- I just can't login to Mydlink website (IE keeps asking me L/P, Firefox is crashing...Had to install Chrome to finally see it !)
- Android software limited to 60 seconds and is at the strict minimum (no configuration, no record..nothing but "video" in fact) .
- Zoom : Hahahahaaaa ! ;D Why did they call it a "zoom" ? You just can't choose where to "zoom" but the middle right of the "video", and  let's applause for the quality of the "Zoom"...It's just...Useless ! Damn' i just fell off my chair !
So sorry but NO i won't say i'm a happy customer with this DCS-932L.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:54:52 AM by MMa0blabla »

oil81

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »

Personally the only bug I've noticed it's the sound...
Mydlink is a good idea. Maybe the future of this service it's cloud hosting for recording?
iPhone software at the moment it's sufficient for me.
Abount zoom, it's a digital zoom! What to except?
For 99€ I'm satisfied but I'm evaluating another "economic" solution:
http://www.tp-link.it/products/details/?categoryid=230&model=TL-SC3171G

and I've pre ordered DCS-942L, I'm interested to pir sensor.

Definitely my response is yes because I'm aware that this is an home product but with some value add.

marcoscu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »

I have two 932Ls and a 930L and I would be happy to purchase again. The only long term issue for me has been the habit of the 932Ls to spontaneously  become inaccessible from the internet for a day or so before reverting to normal. When unreachable remotely the cameras can still online and can be reached from within the LAN or remotely by VPN only. No, I don't know why.
Also, next time I will stay well away from My DLink, which sucks donkey balls.
Otherwise the cameras are stable, easy to configure and reliable. Better by far by the Foscams I had before.

Monval

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 03:46:58 AM »

No I would not by this model again, first because of the bad quality of the picture.
I'm using it as a security device and I can just recognize people I already know.
With The DCS2230 the picture is far better and can be used for this purpose.
Pages: [1] 2