The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-5009L

5009 is only device on my network that won't reconnect

(1/3) > >>

caraM:
Is there a setting in the management screens for the 5009 that tells the camera to try to reconnect if a network drops?  I just installed a new router, had to take things offline and back on a number of times -- and every other device (Swann and another DLink camera, Brother printer, etc.) -- reconnected to the network after it was back up.  Not the 5009.  Had to power it down and back up again each time.  PITA.  Is there a setting I can adjust?

FurryNutz:
Try setting up a static IP addresss ON the camera instead of using a DHCP IP address. Set the routers IP pool for 192.168.100 to .200.
Then you use use any IP address out side of this pool for static IPs set ON devices. You can use 192.168.0.1 of course.

caraM:
Thanks - already have been doing that.  All devices that are connected most of the time (not sporadically, like our phones and laptops and televisions) are on static IPs.  And anything I may want to connect to from outside my network is on static.  So the 5009 is and has been on a static IP.

FurryNutz:
Might try a factory reset then set up from scratch again with the new router and see.

caraM:
I - somehow, after this - got the 5009 back up and running, and it ran well for some time.

Now I'm wondering if I've hit "end of life" on this camera.  Do they just die, eventually?

I noticed it not connected, again, and tried everything I could think of BESIDES the factory reset.  Then I saw a relatively new Firmware, so I installed that AND did the factory reset and a manual reconfiguration (including a fixed IP address on the camera, in the range of my non-DHCP ip numbers, on my network).

It simply won't reconnect.  It seems to TRY - the blue and red LEDs come on together briefly, but then I'm left with a steady red.  I usually only have time to post here when I'm away from the camera, so I'm not sure this is still true, but I could see the camera's internal network on my iPhone, the other day -- but I don't know what the password is to join that network, so I couldn't do anything with it.

Is it possible the wifi radio (is it a radio?) has died?    Where can I see what the LED indicators  mean?

thanks for being here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version