Software > Shareport - macOS

Shareport 4.6 won't work on OS X El Capitan

(1/3) > >>

rdye56:
Will an update be made to Shareport to support Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)? 4.6 will mostly install but warns that the .kext file is incompatible (I believe it now has to be signed). Shareport will  run and "sees" my printer, but will not connect. (Computers having older versions of the OS are able to connect with no issue.)

FurryNutz:
Have you fully removed the software then attempted to reinstall it?
What Apple PC do you have?

rdye56:
Using the uninstaller to remove Shareport and then re-installing version 4.6 did allow the installation to complete without any errors. However, although my Epson printer appears in the Shareport list, when I try to connect I get the connection failed message. I am using a MacBook Pro 15" early 2011 12 gb RAM with OS X 10.11.1. (My older Macbook Pro with Yosemite can connect without issues, as this PC could before upgrading the OS.)

FurryNutz:
I'll have a look at this on my Mac Mini with 10.11.1 that I got updated last night and have a go with the v4.60.

FurryNutz:
I can confirm that this is an issue. I'm getting the *.kext file is not compatible with this version of OSX. I'll pass thing along to D-Link. Please be patient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version