• March 29, 2024, 02:14:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "Access Control Log Only" doesn't override website filter  (Read 3069 times)

waltk

• Level 1 Member
"Access Control Log Only" doesn't override website filter
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:16:40 PM »

Hi All,  First post here.

I just upgraded my 655 A2 from firmware 1.21 to 1.34.

<Short aside rant> I saved my configuration, but 1.34 wouldn't reload it after the firmware update - just locked up.  Had to hard-reset and reconfigure everything again manually. </Short aside rant>

In the old firmware version (1.21) you could set up a few website filters, then override them in Access Control for particular MACs by adding a "log web access only" policy.  You can then make the website filters effective for everyone else by adding a "Block Some Access" policy for "Other Machines".

That doesn't work in 1.34.  It applies the website filters to MACs that have a "Log Web Access Only" policy (and blocks access to any site listed in the filters).

After playing around with a few other things, I tried enabling SecureSpot - and that made the Access Control Policies and Website Filters play nicely together (it worked).  The problem is, I don't want to enable SecureSpot just to have the Access Control work properly.

Any suggestions?

-Walt

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: "Access Control Log Only" doesn't override website filter
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »

<Short aside rant> I saved my configuration, but 1.34 wouldn't reload it after the firmware update - just locked up.  Had to hard-reset and reconfigure everything again manually. </Short aside rant>

Known issue for years (and rather logical when new sdk's are implemented)

As to your issue:
Have you tested this thoroughly (without using SecureSpot)?
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33