• March 28, 2024, 11:51:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-View Cam 2.0 - add remote cam with URL  (Read 15430 times)

hewitt

• Level 1 Member
D-View Cam 2.0 - add remote cam with URL
« on: May 28, 2008, 02:56:41 AM »

Hello,
I have been using all the previous versions of D-View Cam and now when I've downloaded new 2.0 version I´m very surprised to find out that I cannot anymore add remote cameras with urls (ie. mycamera.dyndns.org). This was always possible with previous versions.
I tried adding same camera first locally with IP and then via expert settings changing from expert menu the IP to URL, but it doesn't accept URL address there either. Please advice if this option is disabled from any future upgrades also so I will stick with v1.4?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: D-View Cam 2.0 - add remote cam with URL
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »

Yes. Currently this software does not support remote cameras.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

daperala

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:41:32 AM »

Where did you donloaded the new version 2.0? I don't see that version available on the download area.

Thanks

Hello,
I have been using all the previous versions of D-View Cam and now when I've downloaded new 2.0 version I´m very surprised to find out that I cannot anymore add remote cameras with urls (ie. mycamera.dyndns.org). This was always possible with previous versions.
I tried adding same camera first locally with IP and then via expert settings changing from expert menu the IP to URL, but it doesn't accept URL address there either. Please advice if this option is disabled from any future upgrades also so I will stick with v1.4?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 01:47:20 PM »

D-View Cam 2.0 is not yet available on the support website it is currently available with the DCS-910 and 920 Internet camera's.

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »

Hello,

DviewCam 2.0 WILL be supporting remote cameras. The version that comes with our DCS-910/920 camera does not have this feature however the next version which will be located on the support site will have remote management capabilities.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 02:44:03 PM »

D-ViewCam 2.02 and manual are now available on the the D-link support website for all camera's

D-ViewCam supports up to 32 camera's (all models supported)

http://www.support.dlink.com/