• March 28, 2024, 10:25:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Who is using VOIP behind DIR-825?  (Read 72171 times)

Cees

• Level 1 Member
Who is using VOIP behind DIR-825?
« on: August 09, 2009, 08:09:31 AM »

I have a DIR-825 since a couple of days, Hardware version B1, firmware 2.01EU  (date Fri, 12, Jun, 2009 = latest european firmware) Have portforwarding for ports 25, 80, 443, 143, 993 via virtual server to a local linux server (192.168.0.3)

My (SIP protocol) VOIP phone (192.168.0.100) does not work anymore since I use this router.  It worked fine on my old WRT54G.  The phone logs-in normally at the voip provider but when I make a call, it seems that the ports are not forwarded or are blocked by the firewall.  I have tried to manually setup portforwarding and virtual server instead of portforwarding.

I have tried many things, from disabling QOS, SPI, end point filtering and more but it does not work.  I have also programmed DMZ for my ip-phone, but it does not work. Nothing found in the logfiles about frame drops. (I have setup a syslog on my linux-server)

There seems to be a bug causing frames dropped, as my setup has always worked with my WRT54, and should work with DMZ set, but it does not.  The same setup works fine on a DIR-655 of a friend.

Does anyone have a voip-phone with SIP protocol working on the DIR-825?  I like to know if I am the only one ( ;) ) with this problem, or is there a firmware bug ? 

leonhugens

• Level 1 Member
Re: Who is using VOIP behind DIR-825?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 07:08:14 AM »

I have the same problem, SIP will not work with this router :-[ , NAT, virtual server , tried for many hours, but it will not work?? The (Siemens S450IP) will connect to teh SIP servers, will autenticate, callsetup will go ok, but I cannot get an answer message (this is the C7 name, do not know the SIP equivalent), so for some reason no speech path is created?? Is there anyone who has an idea why, or better have a solution???

Without SIP this (otherwise good router) is only to be used as an accesspoint......

Another thing, putting back my old router (WRT150N, with only port 5060 forwarded), works perfect. So modem etc are not the problem...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:32:10 AM by leonhugens »

JernWilly

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 03:00:02 AM »

There is definately an bug in the firmware.
I bougth this router a few months back, and could not make VoIP work. After a lot of testing and failing I posted a support request with D-Link. They realized that it was a problem with the firmware, and through the weeks they sent me two beta-versions of a new firmware. Neither one solved the issue, so I returned the router to the shop.

This was in early July.

I can only advice you to contact D-Link support, and find out if there ane any firmware update release soon. If not, I would go with a different router.

Good luck!  :)

JernWilly
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:06:14 AM by JernWilly »

snapper

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 07:22:35 AM »

I am using Vonage behind my DIR-825 with firmware 2.02NA.  Everything works fine for me...FYI

Cees

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 10:37:40 AM »

I am using Vonage behind my DIR-825 with firmware 2.02NA.  Everything works fine for me...FYI
Did you earlier use firmware 2.01 ?  And if so, did you have issues with SIP/VOIP too ?

snapper

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 05:35:42 AM »

I did use the previous firmware with Vonage.  I had no issues....FYI

ChickenMan

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 02:17:58 PM »

My vonage works fine.  No setup was necessary.  I don't know what SIP is, ...but my SIP is disabled on my router and my vonage VOIP still works.

hogdoc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 07:05:58 PM »

I have Vonage and OOMA running without issues on verB. It also worked with my old ver A.

leonhugens

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 04:28:49 AM »

SIP means Session Initiation Protocol and is used for making voip calls over the internet. It uses port 506  and some other ports for setting up a call, and the create a speech channel on a different port. My problem is that a call setup is made (the called party is called, and I hear the ringtone), but the answer message never comes to my SIP phone. So, when the called party picks up the phone, that message has to be sent to the calling party, otherwise a call can never be made...

Cees

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 12:37:08 AM »

My problem is that a call setup is made (the called party is called, and I hear the ringtone), but the answer message never comes to my SIP phone. So, when the called party picks up the phone, that message has to be sent to the calling party, otherwise a call can never be made...

Same here, all seems to work normally when you dial, only the last stage where the speech-channel is setup, does not pass the dir-825. 

Maybe Vonage and OOMA do not use SIP protocol with their blackbox ?  I have tested with voipbuster and callvoip which are 2 separate voip providers using standard SIP protocol.

If this was a portforwarding issue, it should work normally when DMZ is activated. As it also does not work with DMZ, it must be a firewall blocking issue.  Switching-off SPI and other firewall settings does not help.

JeffInTx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »

Same here.  PhonePower VOIP with Grandstream ATA doesn't work, even with ATA in DMZ under firmware 2.02.NA

ChickenMan

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 10:35:32 AM »

Quote from Cees:  Maybe Vonage and OOMA do not use SIP protocol with their blackbox ?  I have tested with voipbuster and callvoip which are 2 separate voip providers using standard SIP protocol.

I'm not sure if this thought process will help you.....   I use B1 2.02 NA because my router is american, ..and vonage is an american VoIP.  Is the SIP VoIP a european thing?

uniuk2000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »

I'm not sure if this thought process will help you.....   I use B1 2.02 NA because my router is american, ..and vonage is an american VoIP.  Is the SIP VoIP a european thing?

Vonage does not use SIP protocol and there are american voip providers that use SIP.

I have been using this router with my providers ( voipcheap, draytel to name but 2) who all use the SIP protocol with no issues at all. This is with a version B1 and firmware 2.00 EU.
HOWEVER I upgraded firmware to 2.01EU and all voip stopped working. No matter how I tried to set it up made no difference. The only thing I could do, for the time being, was re-flash back to firmware 2.00EU until I can find a solution.

Cees

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 01:32:59 AM »

I have been using this router with my providers ( voipcheap, draytel to name but 2) who all use the SIP protocol with no issues at all. This is with a version B1 and firmware 2.00 EU.
HOWEVER I upgraded firmware to 2.01EU and all voip stopped working. No matter how I tried to set it up made no difference. The only thing I could do, for the time being, was re-flash back to firmware 2.00EU until I can find a solution.

Thanks for this info, so Dlink has introduced a bug in the later firmware versions.  My router was supplied with 2.01EU from factory so I never tested 2.00EU. 

Did any of you contact Dlink support and got a reply on this issue ?

JeffInTx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 01:28:08 PM »

I worked with Dlink support for over 2.5 hours, letting them drive any config changes they wanted to either my router or ATA.  In the end, they sent an email, "I believe the issue has to do with the service provider configurations."  I responded that the service has needs only ports 5060, 5061, and 5004-5012 all udp protocol.  Shouldn't that all be handled okay if the ATA is in the DMZ?  Just in case, I tried adding Port Forwarding for each port as well.  Still nothing.   I haven't heard back in 10 days, but hope they're still checking. 

Meanwhile, the comment above about VOIP stopping with the EU upgrade is interesting.  Does anyone have 2.00NA firmware that we could test?  I upgraded my router to the latest, 2.02NA before trying anything and now don't have 2.00NA to fall back to.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6