• March 28, 2024, 10:20:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DLINK please help !!!  (Read 11628 times)

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
Re: DLINK please help !!!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 10:16:25 AM »

Sorry if I came off wrong on that. But to each their own right? As far as DoD or anyone for that matter, your network is only as strong as your technicians. You can have the greatest or worst software/hardware in the world but if you don't have the talent and knowledge to back it up then it's bound to be owned.

But right now I just need to find out who I can notify or how to notify them of this issue so they can have it compliant by the time Windows 7 drops in the nearest Best Buy or whatever. I can handle the thin client turned off until then as I have other means to secure my clients.

Again, sorry if I came off rude on that.
Nah you wasn't rude. But to each their own.

historypsi

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 10:18:41 AM »

I am not sure I understand what you want.
Windows 7 or any OS has nothing to do with the router.
I have been using Windows 7 since the first beta and am using the RTM right now with no isuues from the DIR-655.
Unless you are talking about Securespot which would probably not work on 7 as most antivirus for 7 are still in the beta stages. This includes McAfee.
I am not talking about the router. As stated in previous posts, it's the "D-Link SecureSpot thin client" that is installed on the NIC. If you go to the NIC's property that shows "Configure" and the list with the whole IPv6 and IPv4, TCP/IP.....there is a "D-Link SecureSpot thin client" in that list. This is what i'm talking about, you uncheck it, it works. I too am using the RTM from my Microsoft MSDN. This is a Windows 7 issue. As I had XP and Vista with IE 7 and 8 installed on this very same laptop before with the "D-Link SecureSpot thin client" running without issue. This is only happening on my Windows 7 machines. And my statement about the Windows 7 release was, that I wanted them to have the "D-Link SecureSpot thin client" fixed before the official release date arrives so people aren't in the same boat as myself. This is strickly an issue with "D-Link SecureSpot thin client" that is applied to the NIC.

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 10:18:57 AM »

I am not sure I understand what you want.
Windows 7 or any OS has nothing to do with the router.
I have been using Windows 7 since the first beta and am using the RTM right now with no isuues from the DIR-655.
Unless you are talking about Securespot which would probably not work on 7 as most antivirus for 7 are still in the beta stages. This includes McAfee.
He is talking about the client that Dlink has to interface with Securespot, not the router.

KevTech

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 05:04:13 PM »

Well I just tried it on my Win 7 and everything works ok.

Maybe your adapter does not like the driver or maybe it is because I run on the administrator account which makes UAC mute/void.

I do not know.  :-\

historypsi

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 06:07:15 PM »

Well I just tried it on my Win 7 and everything works ok.

Maybe your adapter does not like the driver or maybe it is because I run on the administrator account which makes UAC mute/void.

I do not know.  :-\

Can't be, I just loaded back to Vista and it works....and I just got an email from bsecure stating they weren't compliant yet.

KevTech

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »

Can't be, I just loaded back to Vista and it works....and I just got an email from bsecure stating they weren't compliant yet.

How do you know it did not work on my system?

I installed the software in Vista compatibility mode and it worked just fine.  ;D

Now I will uninstall it and turn off Securespot as I justed wanted to see for myself if it was really an issue affecting all people or perhaps just you.

historypsi

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »

How do you know it did not work on my system?

I installed the software in Vista compatibility mode and it worked just fine.  ;D

Now I will uninstall it and turn off Securespot as I justed wanted to see for myself if it was really an issue affecting all people or perhaps just you.

Thats how I installed it as well, in fact it's the only way it will. And you bought securespot just to try this out? Besides, like I said it worked before on my wifes EeePC and my Dell with XP and Vista. Loaded 7 fresh(no upgrading) and it didn't work.

And how many websites did you try? Some loaded without a hitch, some just crawled and others wouldn't load at all.

If you'd really like to give it a go, try Newegg which was one of the problem sites for me. Just try about 20 sites here and there and you'll see the difference.

KevTech

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 06:56:52 PM »

And you bought securespot just to try this out?

Free Trial
I just wonder if this has anything to do with the adapter you have.

I have an Intel PRO/1000 PT

Edit: What browser are you using?

I use IE8
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:06:56 PM by KevTech »

historypsi

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 04:26:50 AM »

Free Trial
I just wonder if this has anything to do with the adapter you have.

I have an Intel PRO/1000 PT

Edit: What browser are you using?

I use IE8

As stated before I've used IE 7 and 8 with XP and Vista and it worked fine. And of course with Win7 I use IE 8.
Pages: 1 [2]