• March 28, 2024, 03:31:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Worst Customer Service !!!  (Read 4970 times)

zaras27

• Level 1 Member
Worst Customer Service !!!
« on: January 22, 2009, 03:26:55 AM »

Dear all,

I take this opportunity to write about the worst customer service about D-Link in my opinion.

Couple of months ago I purchase a DSM-520 and my problems started...unfortunately.
I spoke first with the main headcourters and forwarded me to the local country (Greece) which they do not support my device because I purchase it from  PIXMANIA one of the biggest internet selling sites.
So they do not cover it!!!! So when the problem first came and the device stuck !!! I had to sent it to France !!! paying 50 Euros. I call the main offices again and say that the warranty is world wide BUT they can't do ANYTHING.

Ok I passed . After 1 month a new device came in my house .Ok is working . I call the main offices and explain the problem and no reply!!!!

I post here also if they could tell me if they still support the device but no answer from the moderators.
I asked local and they said to me that they DO NOT support anymore though of the greek subtitles !!!.

So I wrote a couple of e-mails to main offices if they are willing to update with new firmware including the Greek subs but NO NO NO answer .They even NOT reply to me !!!

The only thing that they are doing is to still selling the devices without saying about the NO SUPPORT!!!.

So my friends its time to post to all forums that I know about your beautiful UNSUPPORTED DEVICE DSM-520.

Of course I spend so much money to buy it and know nobody is buying !!! SO NO MORE D-LINK PRODUCTS EVER!!!!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Worst Customer Service !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:54:56 AM »

I would like to apologize for your experience it looks like there was some mix up due to the region you may have been in and were you were getting support from which complicates things. unfortunately if the device is bought out of the US it cannot be support by US technical support as they do not have the same firmware. The same goes if purchased in the US and taken out of the US it cannot be supported by there region support and the warranty if void if taken out of the region purchased.

For your issue with subtitles the DSM-520 supports English character subtitles only. I do not know about EU firmware versions.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

zaras27

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:27:12 AM »

I have to thank you since you are the first who reply from my case!!

I sure agree about the support and ask you if you install the US firmware instead of the EU do you think that would be a problem ?

And also can you forward my complain to someone who can reply ?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:25:37 AM »

I am sorry but I cannot offer support on loading firmware from another region doing so will void the warranty and you may have some unpleasant result or may damage the unit. If you wish to speak to a customer service rep please contact D-Link customer service at 1 800 326-1688 ext 6314
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:51:20 AM by ECF »
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream