• March 28, 2024, 01:45:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is DCS-2230 a myD-Link camera?  (Read 6293 times)

slickster

• Level 2 Member
Is DCS-2230 a myD-Link camera?
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:42:59 PM »

Really ... Is it? If it's not, why do we have to post about it in the myD-Link group? Several DCS series cameras have their own dedicated tab in this myD-Link group, but the DCS-2230 is mixed together with other DCS series cams. I wonder what would it take to get the admin to set up a separate tab for DCS-2230 only. It would be a lot easier to find what we are looking for.

slickster

• Level 2 Member
Re: Is DCS-2230 a myD-Link camera?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:25:22 AM »

I don't believe it is a my-Dlink camera. However, the features on most of these cameras are pretty similar, so I find myself looking at the other threads as well.

I had the impression that the 2230 model, being the newest, has more and better features than the others, no?

slickster

• Level 2 Member
Re: Is DCS-2230 a myD-Link camera?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:58:52 PM »

I don't really know because I don't have any of the other cameras. However, I have looked at the manuals, and it looks pretty similar to the 942L which came out about the same time. The 942L has lower resolution, no speaker, may not be able to record to NAS, but otherwise it is pretty similar (H.264, PIR, built-in SD card, etc.) Also, the 942L is a myD-Link camera. There are lots of little differences in the firmware, but enough similarities that it sometimes pays to monitor the other threads.

If the 942L resolution can match the res of your videos that you just uploaded, I think that would also work for me but I need to see a feature comparison chart what else is missing in the 942L that is in 2230. I guess I'll have to download its specs as well to see that. The only thing that I am not sure I would like is this myD-Link feature that interjects an extra party between the cam and me. Have you tried it?