• April 16, 2024, 01:05:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Language Issue  (Read 3348 times)

jneub60

• Level 1 Member
Language Issue
« on: September 08, 2018, 08:06:34 AM »

Good Day,
I bought 3 5020L cameras on Amazon. When they arrived I discovered the instructions and labels were in Chinese. No big deal, or at least I thought. I already had an account with several cameras on it but when I tried to add the new cameras, I would get all the way to the last step of "adding cloud camera" and then get a BINDERR001 error. I could not find anything about this error in the forums. So I tried setting up a new account and adding the camera that way and it worked. But when I went to Mydlink.com and log in, I am sent to a webpage that is in Chinese. I guess the cameras is sending data that it is a Chinese camera and so it sends me to the website in Chinese. Is there a way to change the base language in the cameras or should I just send them back? I can get to them using their IP address and that website is in English. Thanks for any help.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Language Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 07:46:01 AM »

Unfortunately mydlink cameras are regional. The seller sold you cameras for the Chinese/Asian region. Where did you buy the cameras? Definitely return them.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Language Issue
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »

Actually on the live view screen (the one after you log into the web UI), in the left column there is a language selector drop-down. Is English in there?

If you go to mydlink.com and log in, are these cameras showing up there?