• April 23, 2024, 01:26:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Beta Firmware 1.12NA Build05 Feedback and Comments!  (Read 60514 times)

The_busy_bee

• Level 1 Member
Beta 1.12NA and OSx local network
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »

Sorry for my English...
After updating FW to 1.12NA my Mac's can't see home local network's NAS and Window's computer.
"Bonjour" doesn't work. Nothing in my Network  Places.
Downgrading to 1.11 don't solve the problem, network still unaccesible.
I've reseting the router, restore factory default settings from router menu - no result.
Now I've a new trouble with dir-825  - on the some pages in router menu (port forwarding, virtual server ..) if I want to change the page I've see a note -
 "There is unsaved data on this page.
Do you want to abandon it?If not, press Cancel and then click Save Settings.
If so, press Ok."
After I've pressed a "save" button I've see this note again.

richv

• Level 1 Member
Re: Beta Firmware 1.12NA Build05 Feedback and Comments!
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »

Well the router ran for 14days without a problem with DNS Relay off.  Today it locked up again. 

Shutting off the DNS Relay seems to have made it last longer but the problem is still there.

chucklesjh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2009, 10:09:12 PM »

Made it just over a week and the freakin thing rebooted itself again.  This is ridiculous.

rhn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2009, 01:26:11 PM »

Why can't you guys make a 1.01 version that we can downgrade to?  The only reason I updated the firmware was because I had a roommate (with a very old computer) who couldn't connect.  Now that roommate is gone and I'm stuck with and extremely flaky router.  This is ridiculous, I'm never buying a DLink router again.  Mainly because it seems that you've given up on the HW A1 version that I happen to own.  Why a 2.0 FW for the B series, but nothing for the A1 except this less than optimal FW?   

Shoey Peachew

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2009, 09:50:27 PM »

Why can't you guys make a 1.01 version that we can downgrade to?  The only reason I updated the firmware was because I had a roommate (with a very old computer) who couldn't connect.  Now that roommate is gone and I'm stuck with and extremely flaky router.  This is ridiculous, I'm never buying a DLink router again.  Mainly because it seems that you've given up on the HW A1 version that I happen to own.  Why a 2.0 FW for the B series, but nothing for the A1 except this less than optimal FW?   

I grabbed this from another forum. It could explain why we can't go back.

DLINK problem is hardware not working with the firmware... Relay and DHCP Reserved/Revoked will always be an issue with their wireless N routers... I like DLINK but after spending over $100 for a plastic business/home router to only work up til 6 months then started to act up after updating firmware after firmware because the darn thing wasn't meeting FCC rules for operation.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23046150-Rant-No-Longer-Running-DLink

I guess the question is, since the change by the FCC, can dlink fix the problem or did it break the dlink 825 Rev. A forever?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 09:53:46 PM by Shoey Peachew »

Malindi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 11:08:13 PM »

Is anyone using Guest Zone? I can't get that to work at all. I'd like to... Here's a post from earlier on this:

I have RevA and 1.12NA. Don't see much of a change from 1.11. I had a weekly or so problem where it would lock but just the other day found the "DNS relay" trick and that seems to work.

My problem is Guest Zone.... It does not work. I have no security set up on the router (guest or non-guest) but do filter on MAC address. I live 19 floors up so I doubt people will "hack" into the router.

To be friendly to the neighbors, I decided to turn on guest zones. However, I have found that unless a MAC address is entered (for the secure zone) in the MAC filtering table, there is no way you can connect that computer. It does shield correctly, in that if I use my laptop to use the guest account, I can't go anywhere but the internet.

Does anyone actually use the guest zone? I'd like to.

rhn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2009, 11:32:42 PM »

Thanks Shoey Peachew.  Following that link inspired me to order a router that was suggested there from netgear.  I found it on newegg. 

Goodbye Dlink.  I don't necessarily blame every product you make on this brick of a router, but it will take a lot of good reviews on a product to encourage me to come back. 

Hopefully, my months of frustration with my home wireless will soon be over.

bphilp

• Level 1 Member
Goodbye Dlink... hello Linksys!
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2009, 05:20:26 PM »

After suffering from sporadic lock ups of my DIR-825 I've picked up the LinkSys WRT54G2.  The new router only does g not n protocol but I'm amazed at how much better the range is on the Linksys.  I regularly stream video over about 100 ft indoors to a TV top Dlink DSM-750... the Linksys does a great job of this!  Ahh sweet freedom... now.. I wonder if LinkSys has a better media router  :P

Malindi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2009, 07:59:54 AM »

I had lock ups like everyone else and turned off DNS Relay. No more lock ups, so that's good. I don't have any extraneous stuff attached except a DNS-323 as backup config in RAID 1. It all seems to work. Range seems quite good. My issue is the Guest Zones. They don't work unless your guests are in your MAC address list, which defeats the whole purpose. MAC address filtering is the only item I use for security (no WEP or anything, just MAC).

Any fix on the horizon for that for REV A units? For the rest this seems like a fine router.

toiler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2009, 04:52:18 PM »

Man, I sure wish I saw this before I upgraded the firmware. Went from a trouble free router, to nothing but trouble.

stevec5375

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2009, 10:42:04 AM »

I'm glad I found this thread at last.  I had no idea what was causing this expensive router to hang up every couple of days. 

I have bought my last D-Link product. 

I wish someone one would sue these companies that do this to people. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]