The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-5020L

Browser Issue with Latest Firmware (1.15.12)

<< < (3/3)

LarryNOTtheCableGuy:
A new version of the firmware (1.16.01) was released on June 28, and is available of the US and WW support sites. It doesn't appear on the CA site yet.

I've downloaded and installed it on one of my cameras. It's still blocking Firefox. I've installed a user agent extension for Firefox and it has no problem rendering any of the camera's web UI pages. As indicated above, this appears to be a permanent policy change. One of the main reasons I chose this camera was the web UI, so that it would still be useful after D-Link stopped supporting it via their free cloud service. And they will, someday.

When I need to replace these two cameras, it will be from another vendor.

FurryNutz:
What version of FF are you using? More recent versions of FF no longer support plug-ins. Last working version of FF was v52.9.

--- Quote from: LarryNOTtheCableGuy on July 02, 2019, 02:53:47 PM ---A new version of the firmware (1.16.01) was released on June 28, and is available of the US and WW support sites. It doesn't appear on the CA site yet.

I've downloaded and installed it on one of my cameras. It's still blocking Firefox. I've installed a user agent extension for Firefox and it has no problem rendering any of the camera's web UI pages. As indicated above, this appears to be a permanent policy change. One of the main reasons I chose this camera was the web UI, so that it would still be useful after D-Link stopped supporting it via their free cloud service. And they will, someday.

When I need to replace these two cameras, it will be from another vendor.

--- End quote ---

LarryNOTtheCableGuy:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on July 02, 2019, 04:02:23 PM ---What version of FF are you using? More recent versions of FF no longer support plug-ins. Last working version of FF was v52.9.

--- End quote ---

I'm using v67.0.4. Anything earlier is not secure. Mozilla made it known long ago that this change was in the works. Microsoft has made similar changes to Internet Explorer.

D-Link needs to come to grips with this and put appropriate resources on bringing their products and associated cloud services into line with the rest of the world. It's unacceptable that their mydlink site only supports a very limited and very odd assortment of browsers and operating systems.

FurryNutz:
This camera is now EOL.
"This product has been discontinued.
Free support for this product has ended on 06/01/2019."

If you wish to keep using it, you'll need to use the older version of FF v52.9 or IE11x32.

I presume D-Link will not be putting forth any more FW updates unless there is a major security issue found. Other features are EOL and will probably not be updated.

Good Luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version