• March 29, 2024, 01:12:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: A little problem with DFL-260  (Read 3892 times)

Xavier

• Level 1 Member
A little problem with DFL-260
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:06:52 AM »

Hi everybody,
Thanks in advantage for your answer and help. I have a DFL-260 firewall and I'm trying to install it. I've read de Quick Installation Guide but it a little bit generic for me. I've followed the steps that are indicated in the QIG, but there's a note about the DHCP. My router uses that, and well the note says that I need to change the management IP of the firewall, or change the DHCP settings instead.

I've tried to change the management IP on the firewall, what I've done is insert an Ethernet cable to the first local network port (number 1) and then connect the other extreme to my network adapater. After that I go to the WebUI (https://192.168.1.1) and in the Startup Setup I choose the Static-Manual Configuration. In this case I put this values:

IP Address: 192.168.1.5 (the IP value that I want for this D-Link firewall)
Network: 192.168.1.0/24 (I've been searching for the value here, I found that 0/24 means a range from 0-255, Am I right?

Also I disable the built-in DHCP server in the firewall. Finally, when I choose the "Save" option I got an error that says that I did not reconnect to the unit in time and for that reason the settings were not applied and it returned to the last saved settings.

My question is: How can I change the management IP of the firewall? If I tried to connect it to the DSL Router and then to a PC I don't get access to Internet even if I change the Gateway in the network adapter (PC).
Also, I tried to change the IP of the router (192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2) but I guess the DHCP (It start at 192.168.1.32) doesn't allow me to connect to the Internet. Finally I tried to reset the firewall to the factory state and then configure it again but I don't have success with that :(

Thank you very much for your time and your help, I hope to be clear with my problem, if not I'm willing to explain it much more. (I'm not a native english speaker but I do my best.)
Thanks for your answers!

Xavier

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: A little problem with DFL-260
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:26:20 AM »

Your network identifier is correct, they are in CIDR Notation if you want to know what to look up to write one yourself.  I am also writing a sticky on CIDR notation because of this thread.

As for not being able to log back in in time, make sure that your PC is being directed to the new address, or manually try the new address during the activation time.

Ensure that you are not changing more than you mean to (it happens quite often)

If things become desperate there is a link on the activation page that will allow you to change the activation time to be longer.  Do this with caution as it will make you wait longer to try individual changes, and it will make mistakes take way more time.
non progredi est regredi

Xavier

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:02:23 AM »

Hi,
I verified that my PC is being directed to the new addres (I do a 'ping' to the new address) without success. I'm not able to log back, even if I change the activation time (I tried with 90 seconds instead of 30 secs) the IP Address doesn't change :(

Any idea? Thanks in advantage.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 04:20:26 PM »

Call it in, if we can't get this most basic change to set then were are going to have untold problems later on.
non progredi est regredi