• April 16, 2024, 04:34:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DNS 320 and OS X 10.6  (Read 72856 times)

wiloupioupiou

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS 320 and OS X 10.6
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 07:30:30 AM »

Hello,

sorry everyone for my bad English, I am a French user

I contacted technical support dlink, January 1 ... to tell them that the dns-320 was a bulls***, a time machine service but no support for osx ... :o
He told me they were aware of the problem and that the new firmware would fill gaps, results: no change except the interface!
They therefore recommend me to do a reset (already done) and formatting the hard drive because it works for them ...
what do you think?
In addition, I asked for 1 month the exact version of integrated torrent client, no response, you know it?

cocomo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 12:44:41 PM »

Well I just did a full reset and installed a fresh drive. I'm still having the problems I described previously.

Biffy_rok

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 01:56:37 PM »

Using the new firmware I've used time machine. All i did was enable time machine and AFP. You must set time machine to show networked drives. Do this by typing the following command into terminal.

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 1

After this ensure services are enabled and attempt to connect to the drive using time machine.

Hope this helps, even if you are french!! :D

Has anyone had problems with an NFS mount to OS X 10.6 after the firmware update, I seem to have completely lost the ability to reconnect to the NAS. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ben
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:11:03 PM by Biffy_rok »

wiloupioupiou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 10:46:36 PM »

OOhhhh ohhhhh !!!  ;D

First complete transfer of 90 GO !!
Great great , but for this, i must activate afp (of course) AND Timemachine, after dns320 will automount an networkdrive afp on finder... :)

Biffy_rok

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 11:31:48 PM »

That should work, but i found it best to create a dedicated share folder just for time machine. I found a significant speed increase doing this when there are multiple PC's using the DNS.

Ben

wiloupioupiou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 11:49:15 PM »

For the moment,

I don't use timemachine, it's new that's the dns320 work on my osx!! simply copy/paste for the moment  :o

Someone knows the exact version of integrated torrent client ?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:35:32 AM by wiloupioupiou »

cocomo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 04:03:17 AM »

Ok it is working now after creating an actual share volume to be used.

I do however have four instances of shared devices in finder.

NAS-1_AFP_Volume_1
NAS-1
NAS-2
NAS

The first three show as "Mac" servers, NAS shows as a PC Server. Only the NAS-1_AFP_Volume_1 actually works in OS X 10.6

maattdd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »

Hi,
As the previous message, with the FW2.00 beta, I can finally use my ShareCenter with my OSX computers, with AFP (Time Machine works too).
But SMB still doesn't work, so I have in Finder the link to NAS , NAS-1 which are still buggy ... Is there (or will there be in future firmware) a way to, either repair SMB under OSX, or have the choice to completely disable it ?

dukegledhill

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 12:24:13 PM »

I'm also still having trouble with osx, no stable connection using any method. windoze machines all work fine. tried afp, samba, not nfs yet, want afp/smb to work!

using the latest firmware update (2.0b i think)

:(
Duke

Biffy_rok

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 02:37:50 AM »

Yer that seems to be a serious compatibility issue with OS X, by far the best solution is to set up a NFS share (instructions are in this thread thanks to Tarblak). This works very well, but there are issues if you have multiple macs wanting to access the same share.

The problem there is that i cannot find a way to add multiple IP's for the hosts, as one is needed for each computer that will access the share. For the moment i have to change the IP manually if i want my MBP to access the share. This also gives rise to a problem that you have to have no user privileges set to use NFS, but you cannot disable CIFS, so the share becomes accessible to anyone on the network.

I hope someone will find solutions for these problems. I've said it before and ill say it again, the DNS-320 was sold as OS X compatible! Seems to me very little testing was done on OS X as many problems arise immediately when you connect a mac to the DNS. Come on D-Link sort it out!!

Ben

bazsa82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 02:20:06 PM »

Hi,

I use DNS 320(with 2X2TB WD HDD) with MAC and WinXp.

In XP work good, but in MAC OSX the file's size wrong. Every files is 264MB, if I see in the info write the real size.

I tried install the HDDs, but nothing.

jhkingsr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 07:22:24 AM »

Who's for launching a class action against them?

Not me.  Too many frivolous lawsuits out there already.

Mine works fine with Lion and the new beta firmware 2.02b01 found here ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/dns320/Beta/Firmware/ .

Give it a try before calling your lawyer ....... ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]