• May 21, 2024, 09:10:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Windows 7 No Internet But XP systems fine  (Read 11794 times)

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: Windows 7 No Internet But XP systems fine
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 09:08:42 PM »

thecreator

I tried all of your steps, and it was a no go.  I am still experiencing the issue.  I do have llink lights on the nic, and I m able to access data on my network and on my server.

Hi baldeagle51,

Disable IPV6 in the Properties.

Also what Software Firewall is installed?

Were you able to access the Internet from your Modem, directly plugged into the Laptop?

Also, is the Network Filter off or on?
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

baldeagle51

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 09:25:34 PM »

thecreator

I have disabled IPV6 in the past, with no change.  I am currently running only the windows firewall, and have tested with the firewall turned off and I received the same results.  When I go to the Advanced => Network Filter, "TURN MAC FILTERING OFF" is set.  All other hardwired machines seem to work except for this one laptop.  As for plugging directly into the DSL Modem, I was unable to get the laptop in question to connect to the internet however I took another laptop that has been working, and it was unable to connect to the internet while directly connected to the DSL modem as well. I suspect that is because I have the DSL modem in Bridge mode.  As a test, I hooked my old Netgear router up, and i was able to access the internet on the laptop in question.  This tells me there is a setting in the router preventing this one laptop from connecting with the wired connection, I am able to access the internet via wifi.  All other laptops, servers and desktops that are hard wired are able to connect.

Thank you for your continued support, I hope to hear from you soon.

Mike 

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 09:42:38 PM »

Hi Mike,

What is the Maker of the Onboard Ethernet Adapter on the Laptop? Realtek, Via, NForce?

Is it a GB or 100 Mbps Speed Port if and when it works?

Is there Update Drivers from Dell for it?
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

baldeagle51

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 07:25:55 AM »

It is a Broadcom NetLink Gigabit.  I have downloaded the latest drivers from Dell, and I have even gone so far as to delete the device out of the device manager and reinstalled it again.  I did some additional testing last night, and I hooked my old Netgear router back up and I was able to access the internet with the laptop in question.  This tells me that there is some setting in the DIR-655 that is preventing my particular laptop from hitting the web.  All other devices in my house are fine, just this particular laptop.

I have released and renewed my IP, repaired the IP stack etc with no luck.  I  guess this weekend I am going to try to reset the router back to factory default to see if that does anything.  I hate to do that because I will have to reassign a wireless key to 5 devices, but I want to see if that will do anything.  If you have more suggestions, before I do that, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Mike

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 08:18:13 AM »

It is a Broadcom NetLink Gigabit.  I have downloaded the latest drivers from Dell, and I have even gone so far as to delete the device out of the device manager and reinstalled it again.  I did some additional testing last night, and I hooked my old Netgear router back up and I was able to access the internet with the laptop in question.  This tells me that there is some setting in the DIR-655 that is preventing my particular laptop from hitting the web.  All other devices in my house are fine, just this particular laptop.

I have released and renewed my IP, repaired the IP stack etc with no luck.  I  guess this weekend I am going to try to reset the router back to factory default to see if that does anything.  I hate to do that because I will have to reassign a wireless key to 5 devices, but I want to see if that will do anything.  If you have more suggestions, before I do that, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Once you do a Factory Reset, restore the Wireless Settings for the Router. Use the same key. This way the other computers can reconnect to the Router, without you changing anything on those Laptops.

But for testing purposes, do the Factory Reset with the Router connected to the DSL Modem and with the problem Laptop plugged into the Router.

Do not connect any other Laptop or Desktop Computer to the Router for the test.

The problem may be in the Network and Sharing Center Settings on the problem Computer. If you have another Windows 7 computer, compare the settings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19299354/19569833.aspx

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/7e5d168b-c991-4b06-a2aa-ee8a29edac89/

Found those links about Dell and Windows 7 using a search engine.

dmc2010

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 06:23:13 AM »

After reading this thread I am afraid to use my windows 7 laptop to configure a router/dls modem! 

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 07:56:10 AM »

After reading this thread I am afraid to use my windows 7 laptop to configure a router/dls modem! 

Hi dmc2010,

Windows 7 does not exist.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/compare/default.aspx

Plus 32-Bit and 64-Bit.

baldeagle51

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 07:03:52 AM »

All, After a router reset, all seems to be working.  Thank you to all who assisted me with this issue.  If things change, I will post an update, but at this time all is working.

Thanks,

Mike
Pages: 1 [2]