• May 21, 2024, 08:42:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Windows 7 No Internet But XP systems fine  (Read 11794 times)

theidstech

• Level 1 Member
Windows 7 No Internet But XP systems fine
« on: November 25, 2010, 10:38:42 AM »

DIR-655 HW Version B1 Firmware 2.00NA, went from a linksys 4400N to this model. Everything under the linksys was fine. Now with the dlink windows 7 stations get no internet. LAN is fine and all other XP systems connect no problem. I have tried more things than I can list. Anyone have any insight?

kthaddock

• Level 3 Member
Re: Windows 7 No Internet But XP systems fine
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 02:07:32 PM »

Reason being Windows 7 / Vista have the new upgraded TCP/IP stack.

When you power cycle the router, Win 7 will disable the ethernet
port until it detects activity.

Win 7 has a VERY VERY hard time with TFTP recovery.

Open a dosbox, and type: netsh interface ipv4 set global dhcpmediasense=disabled

This is global for the ip stack, and i think you have to reboot
for this setting to become active.

OR just inaktivate/aktivate and you ar back on track !
ASUS RT-N16  FW: DD-WRT v24 17140-vpn M NEWD-2 K2.6 -kong.
DIR-655 H/W: A3 FW: 1.31EUB02 This FW is working !
Never argue with a burk. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
Di-624+ FW: 2.10

theidstech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »

thanks will try it and post results. does it matter if i'm not using dhcp?

theidstech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:06:51 PM »

tried your suggestion. rebooted windows 7 and router. same issue.

Cobra

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 07:44:02 AM »

tried your suggestion. rebooted windows 7 and router. same issue.

If the NIC does not support media sense there will be no affect.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 09:14:37 AM »

DIR-655 HW Version B1 Firmware 2.00NA, went from a linksys 4400N to this model. Everything under the linksys was fine. Now with the dlink windows 7 stations get no internet. LAN is fine and all other XP systems connect no problem. I have tried more things than I can list. Anyone have any insight?

Hi theidstech,

Post exactly what consists of your Home Network, including the operating system and adapter being used with each and if it is Wireless or Wired.

Please remember that Microsoft does not make Windows 7, it makes Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit and 64-Bit and other versions of Windows 7 flavors. Have you configured the Network and Sharing Center on each computer?

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 01:14:02 PM »

Reset your modem.
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

baldeagle51

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »

I am having a similar issue.  I am running windows 7 professional 32 bit on a Dell Studio 1735.  Recently I have begin to have issues with my laptop connecting to the internet through the hardwired connection.  I am able to connect to the internet wireless just not through my hardwired connection.  My network status shows connected with internet access however all I get is page unavailable.  I have tried multiple network cables, deleted the network device through device manager, and downloaded the newest drivers for the network adapter.  I have ran the Winsoc fix from microsoft, and no go.  I have reset the router, and my DSL modem.  Any suggestions?

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »

I am having a similar issue.  I am running windows 7 professional 32 bit on a Dell Studio 1735.  Recently I have begin to have issues with my laptop connecting to the internet through the hardwired connection.  I am able to connect to the internet wireless just not through my hardwired connection.  My network status shows connected with internet access however all I get is page unavailable.  I have tried multiple network cables, deleted the network device through device manager, and downloaded the newest drivers for the network adapter.  I have ran the Winsoc fix from microsoft, and no go.  I have reset the router, and my DSL modem.  Any suggestions?

Hi baldeagle51,

You cannot switch connections on the fly. In order to use your Ethernet port, you must be connected to the Router from the Ethernet port before the computer is turned on, otherwise you must reboot the computer in order to use the computer from a different connection. Try it.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

baldeagle51

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »

I have attempted that and still no go.  I have turned off my wireless, plugged in my eithernet, rebooted my laptop, and the network connection shows connected however I am not able to access the web.  I have attempted to ping Google, and I was unable to get a response.

Cobra

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 08:27:37 PM »

Tried a different LAN port on the router?

baldeagle51

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »

I have tried multiple Lan ports, Multiple network cables, and have ensured that all internet options are cleared in my web browsers.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 09:00:57 AM »

I have tried multiple Lan ports, Multiple network cables, and have ensured that all internet options are cleared in my web browsers.

Hi baldeagle51,

Are you posting from a different computer to here?

Have you done this?

1. - Checked to make sure that you can access the Internet through the Router, using another computer?
2. - If using Internet Explorer, gone into Internet Options. Clicked on Connections. Clicked Lan Settings. Made sure that nothing is checked in Local Area Network (LAN) Settings?
3. - In BIOS - Made sure that the LAN Port is Enabled?
4. - In Device Manager - Made sure that the LAN port is listed and Working?
5. - Removed the Router and plugged the computer directly into the Modem. Of course, you need to remove power from the Modem, in order for the Laptop to be recognized by the Modem. Restore power to the Modem after a minute. (Need to do the same in reverse, when connecting the Router.)

Orphy83

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 04:58:11 PM »

Any activity (lights) on your NIC when the Ethernet cable is connected?

baldeagle51

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 08:16:58 PM »

thecreator

I tried all of your steps, and it was a no go.  I am still experiencing the issue.  I do have llink lights on the nic, and I m able to access data on my network and on my server.
Pages: [1] 2